DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know the torque spec. for the tran speed sensor output side. I replaced it but its leaking I've got it tight can't seem to find the spec on it. I know I didn't overtighten it and trash the seal, or crack the sensor, so thats what I wanna avoid

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
does anyone know the torque spec. for the tran speed sensor output side. I replaced it but its leaking I've got it tight can't seem to find the spec on it. I know I didn't overtighten it and trash the seal, or crack the sensor, so thats what I wanna avoid
If it's a screw in plastic then tighten it snug. If it's retained in a metal retainer then 95 inch lbs

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, its plastic with with rubber O ring. I started hand tight with 1/4 turn with wrench still leaked, I kept tightening 1/4 turn at a time after that still drips. I did it on the fly so the only thing I can think of is maybe all of the old O ring didn't come out causing it not to seat correctly. its not cross threaded. so I guess I get to buy a new sensor and start over

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Thank you, its plastic with with rubber O ring. I started hand tight with 1/4 turn with wrench still leaked, I kept tightening 1/4 turn at a time after that still drips. I did it on the fly so the only thing I can think of is maybe all of the old O ring didn't come out causing it not to seat correctly. its not cross threaded. so I guess I get to buy a new sensor and start over
Provided you didn't damage the sensor you can go to the dealer and buy a new O-Ring, it's only about 3 bucks from them. The speedo o-rings all leak when they get old, mine leaked like a you'd never believe big puddle of valvoline on the ground, but bought a o-ring and no leak :). Their are two different rubbers used on these, the black rubber o-rings which chrysler uses don't seal very well because the rubber does swell in contact with atf, now aftermarket o-rings are a reddish colour, these seal very well because they swell when in contact with atf so they almost never leak.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts