DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have a 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 with the automatic transmission. Today while towing my 5700 pound boat my wife forgot to put the truck in tow/haul mode. After about 40 miles we were driving and the trans temp warning light came on along with the P0868 check engine light. We immediately pulled over and let the trans cool. Put it back into tow haul mode and going thru the hills temp was around 210 constant and on flat ground between 185 and 200.

I guess I never paid too much attention to the trans temp before this instance. What should my trans temp be while towing a my boat? (5700 lbs.)

Also the trans temp warning went off but does the CEL coming up with the p0868 code mean we damaged the transmission? I believe the code is for low pressure in a transmission line. The tranny warning light came on at 275 and we pulled over right when it did. Trans fluid looked good and didn't smell burnt or nothing. Seemed to be shifting just fine. Does that code pop up automatically if you get the high trans temp warning?

Here is a pic of the boat and truck. Happy memorial day to everyone!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts