DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what it weighs? I'm about to buy a trans jack to swap my converter, and there's a big price difference between 450 lb and 800 lb capacity. I would guess it is not 450 lbs but want to be sure...

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
its a heavy sucka, but i dont think 450 lbs cuz i about broke my back lifting it to the bed of my truck.. and i dont think there is any way i could lift 450 lbs :)

·
Registered
13,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Post a pic of your biceps (or lack thereof) and I'll decide :) lol

Thanks man, I can't imagine it weighing that much, I don't even think the engine weighs that much...

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
A truck 545RFE transmission, with converter, and fluid, weighs about 238 lbs. That's for the 2WD version. The 4x4 version is about 8 lbs less.

·
Registered
13,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks transengineer, appreciate the info :smileup:

·
Some Assembly Required
7,205 Posts
I was gonna say, I lift Humvee transmissions (4L80 and 4L80-E's) and hold them in place while a buddy bolts them in. LOL. Not too heavy when you drain them.

·
Registered
13,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was just checking :). I figured the newer transmissions were significantly heavier than the older ones. My ford had a 3 speed C4 and that was pretty heavy considering it's size. I just wanted to be sure these newer larger transmissions didn't weigh like 400lb, because if they did then I probably would get a stand with more than 450lb capacity.

All is good, I'm going to try and buy the stand over the next couple weeks and do the converter shortly after. My bike is back up and running so I once again have alternate transportation in case something goes wrong on the swap.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts