DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i today I came home after work, parked and went inside for a while. Then when I came out for something, I noticed my Trucks windows were down and the doors unlocked. It was odd, because I never park with windows down and I always lock my truck. I went to go close the windows and locked it up again. Right after I locked it, the blinkers flashed twice, the doors unlocked, and the windows rolled down. It did this all by itself. I swore the truck was haunted. lol

Has anyone experienced this before? I couldn't think of anything that would make this happen. I made it stop by turning the truck on and shutting it down again. I hope it doesn't do it again, especially in a bad area.

·
Registered
142 Posts
It could be a problem with your remote. Possibly an intermittent short inside or a worn out unlock switch that sticks on. I would remove the battery from that remote and go get your other remote. Try using your other remote and see if the problem happens again. If it does, there is possibly an issue with the WIN module. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Well just so you know your truck does have the windows down feature. If you press the unlock once and then again very quickly and hold it your windows will roll down. Your sure it wasn't in your pocket just right?

Otherwise yes I would think your fob may be shorting out somewhere or your WIN module is acting funny.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I have heard of this happening to a few trucks when the 09s came out..

·
Registered
221 Posts
I would call the ghostbuster's! haha j/k. Same thing happened to me when I first got my truck, but it wasn't the remote or the WIN module. It was my wife inside with the second key FOB. She figured it out before me. lol.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
I will have to.try this with my remote. I know the stupid factory remote start always goes off when.I am working. I finally have to put my keys on the bumper while working.

·
Premium Member
32,675 Posts
I'll see if the is an online EXORCIST that can get rid of the demons

·
Registered
34 Posts
My 2010 did the same thing, Ended up being the key fob! Dealer replaced it and problem solved. Try taking the battery out and using your spare fob.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hey same thing happen to me a few times one day my in law saw my lights on but I wasn't around and then they turned off and then this morning the windows were down (not sure how long) but long enough for my whole truck to have gotten condensation in it. And both times no way I could have done it with key fob, hopefully it is as small as a fob and not an computer issue, my luck windows will be open in a snow storm

1 - 10 of 10 Posts