DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys, I have a 2007 dodge ram and love her to death and baby the thing. Anyways a buddy of mine was looking at my truck and noticed something that never caught my eye before. If you look at my truck from the back you can see the cab on the driver side but if you look on the passengger side the box sticks over the cab. i was just wondering if anyone has had this problem and how they fixed it. I know it doesnt sound like a big deal but now that I know its like that it's driving me nuts and was wondering if anyone had a tip orhas had this problem. Thanks

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
As far as I know, 1500s are U.S. Built and HDs are Mex built. It bummed me out that my truck was built in Mex. :(

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
A guy could pull the bed mounts and shim them to square everything up, but it sounds like a lot of work to me.

The second thing to do would be to smack you buddy up side the head and tell him to stop looking at your truck so close.

If it were me, I'd just forget about it.

·
Registered
868 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
As far as I know, 1500s are U.S. Built and HDs are Mex built. It bummed me out that my truck was built in Mex. :(
I have the problem with my 11 ram 2500 but I have seen it on the 1500s to. get down to it seems like a fabrication issue. Dodge should fix.

·
Registered
108 Posts
My 2010 was, showed the body shop manager and they tried to straighten it, not 100 but a lot better. No charge as they took pictures and submitted to Chysler. Good luck it drove me nuts too

·
Registered
890 Posts
My old '04 2500 was like that too. As far as I know, it's been an issue since '03. What I have a problem with it is that it's now been 10 years, since I've been aware of this problem, and Chrysler still has this problem.

·
Registered
890 Posts
I see it as a by-product of mass production.
That's no excuse! Back in '04, when I 1st became aware of this problem, I looked at a bunch of trucks to check their bed alignment. Dodge Ram was the only brand that consistently had this issue. I didn't see a single Ford or Chevy with a mis-aligned bed. At least not one where I could visually see it.

The problem isn't mass production, it's quality control. How many times have you see a door or hood that's mis-aligned?

·
Registered
69 Posts
I hope I don't regret reading this; going out to check my '98 1500. I've only owned it since summer and think I would have noticed the few times I have washed it but I will look with a critical eye this time.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The bed doesnt have too many bolts holding it in place, its not too bad to straighten if it really bothers you.

·
Registered
463 Posts
F*ck!

Now I have to go check mine!

·
Registered
463 Posts
Well, I checked mine and it's uniform. :smileup:

The sides of the bed taper inward and the trailing edge curve of the cab (below the C pillar) is visible from the rear equally on both sides. :smiley_thumbs_up:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts