DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone please help me understand this ghost? Just starting last night when I shut my truck off it by itself will go through the Remote Restart steps. Locks the doors, powers the fuel pump and then starts the truck. All without me touching the Key FOB.

Hopefully you can lead me to what is causing this, any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Proud owner of my 3rd Ram.
2013 Ram 1500 Crew Cab, Laramie

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know zip about this, but maybe something in the computer or electrical system, something happening when you turn the ignition off may short something out causing it to start itself, idk but i hope this helps you get closer to your problem

·
Registered
112 Posts
Just because I know someone will ask......factory or aftermarket remote start?

·
Premium Member
32,794 Posts
sorry, but your confusing me

Just starting last night when I shut my truck off it by itself will go through the Remote Restart steps. Locks the doors, powers the fuel pump and then starts the truck. All without me touching the Key FOB.

is a comma missing ??

should it read that you Remote Started your truck, the truck shut itself off
or
You were doing something not involving the truck & it just started itself up for no reason

in the 2nd case, wear looser pants :LOL:
you bent over, your pants pressed the key Fob & started your Ram remotely
It happens more often then you would think
sometimes it will also roll down your windows, which is something that i have troubles doing purposely

It will shut itself Off after about 10 minutes, but it won't roll the windows back up

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is a factory remote start system. When I shut the truck off I can stay in the truck remove the key fob from ignition and set them on the console. The truck doors will all of a sudden lock and then the truck will start in Remote Start mode.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Sure you don't have someone in the house with the second fob screwing with you?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Any updates on this?

·
Registered
34 Posts
The remote start key fob is kind of touchy. I've had a similar problem but it was because I accidentally touched the button on the key fob while bending over or some other action while it was in my pocket.

·
Registered
9,564 Posts
Does it still do this or did you figure out why it did that?

·
Registered
467 Posts
Pop the FOB apart and look to see if the little metal cups came loose from under the rubber keypad. A drop of super glue gel will get them back in place

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can someone please help me understand this ghost? Just starting last night when I shut my truck off it by itself will go through the Remote Restart steps. Locks the doors, powers the fuel pump and then starts the truck. All without me touching the Key FOB.

Hopefully you can lead me to what is causing this, any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Proud owner of my 3rd Ram.
2013 Ram 1500 Crew Cab, Laramie
Pop the FOB apart and look to see if the little metal cups came loose from under the rubber keypad. A drop of super glue gel will get them back in place
Thank you. This just happened to us. We were baffled at how the truck kept starting itself. We took the fob apart and the connection was loose. Problem solved.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you. This just happened to us. We were baffled at how the truck kept starting itself. We took the fob apart and the connection was loose. Problem solved.
Just registered so I can solve this problem. My truck has started itself 5 times in the last day. It is not me pushing the button. Both key fobs are sitting on a table in front of me with nobody else around. I was hoping someone here can help. The only thing that is new is a week ago I put a ln Apple AirTag on the key ring to help locate them when lost.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I had that happen to my 2010 Laramie about 3 times last week. Heard the truck start up, go outside and it's running, I unlock the doors, get in and put the key in the ignition and turn to on then the doors would lock by themselves. The only thing that changed was the outside temperature was at 15 degrees for a couple of days. Since then with temps in the 40's everything is working just fine. Guess the truck was cold and wanted to get warm.

·
Registered
2012 Crew Cab SLT 4x4 5.7 Hemi
1,158 Posts
Just registered so I can solve this problem. My truck has started itself 5 times in the last day. It is not me pushing the button. Both key fobs are sitting on a table in front of me with nobody else around. I was hoping someone here can help. The only thing that is new is a week ago I put a ln Apple AirTag on the key ring to help locate them when lost.
Seems to me that you quoted the solution that the others found to solve theirs. A loose connection inside the fob. I would take the battery out of one at a time to see which one is guilty. And then after fixing that one, take the other apart and make sure it’s connections are secured to the board.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts