DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 96 ram 1500 5.9 4x4 it'll start and run great until it gets around 140-170° and then it'll start to idle rough and if I apply any gas it'll raise the rpms up a little but it'll start to backfire and run very rough and it'll then die and I won't be able to start it until the next day and then the same thing happens and no codes are present.

Parts I've replaced:
IAC valve
TPS
Coolant temp sensors
Crankshaft sensor
Ignition coil
Wires
Rotor
cap
Fuel pump assembly
O2 sensors
And fixed vacuum lines

I had ran it to brake in my new brake pads and it was fine during the probably 45 to an hour of braking them in and then I parked it and the day after it rained and since then it's been running like this.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My downstream o2 sensor is stuck at 1 volt and my fuel system 1 finally says CL but my fuel system 2 says OL so now I'm completely confused right now

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Those are characteristics of out of spec valves.
The thing is when I broke in my brakes it ran amazing and had plenty of power then I parked it for the day and then the next day I needed to replace the front brake hose assembly but when I went to bleed them for the last time but as soon as the truck got around 145-150°f it starts to idle rough and then eventually die and I will be able to restart it but dies immediately, and then I won't be able to restart it till the next day.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It turned out to be the crankshaft position sensor, it was off by a couple millimeters in length, so now it runs but I have 5.6 average mpg so now I'm looking for either a vacuum leak, exhaust leak, and a tps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts