DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2019 Dodge Ram 3500 diesel is saying “vehicle not in park” but it is shifting to park. Shifter is very loose and radio will not shut off since vehicle isn’t registering that it is in park.

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Unless you are over the mileage it should still be under warranty so I would take it to the dealer. Do you have a column/floor shifter or dial?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unless you are over the mileage it should still be under warranty so I would take it to the dealer. Do you have a column/floor shifter or dial?
I have the dial shifter. I called they said they have to see if it’s covered under warranty. It’s not even at 70,000 miles yet. I hope it’s covered. Can’t take it until next week tho so more than likely battery will die

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Definitely sounds like the shifter/neutral safety switch has failed. If your vehicle won't power down, I would disconnect your battery so that it doesn't die before your visit
Thank you. Would that be covered under warranty?

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Read your warranty papers before you visit the dealer , so you will have an idea where you stand . Are you over miles on the warranty? Hope not. Let us know how it turns out .

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Hello @Twonny,

If you would like additional support from our team while your vehicle is in servicng let us know as we are more than willing to assist. If interested please send us a private message to get started!

Hannah
Ram Cares

Reactions: fireproof69

·
Registered
215 Posts
Thank you. Would that be covered under warranty?
Maybe.

You are still within the powertrain warranty for a diesel (5 years / 100K miles) so you might get it covered under that.

Here's a link to your warranty coverage:

2019 RAM 2500/3500 Truck Diesel Generic Warranty

Page 10 lists the transmission coverage for the powertrain warranty:

"Transmission case and all internal parts; torque converter; drive/flex plate; transmission range switch; speed sensors; pressure sensors; transmission control module; bell housing; oil pan; seals and gaskets for listed components only."

It's fairly generic but does list the transmission range switch and speed sensors so it will be up to the dealership to (hopefully) interpret your issue to be covered under the powertrain warranty.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Am I the only one that thinks a dial shifter on a diesel doesn't make sense? I thought the dial was only on gas trucks. I have a 2020 Ram 3500 Cummins, has the column shifter

1 - 9 of 9 Posts