DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok questions and also lets get some times so i can compare.

did my 0-60 and 1/4 mile times today and seems slow to me or am i expecting more out of my truck than what its worth?

timed with dynolicious iphone app all launches done with boosting the engine with brake held before launch.

2wd launch 0-60 7.79 sec (alot of spin)
4wd launch 0-60 8.24 sec (no spin a little shudder)

1/4 mile 15.89 4wd
1/4 mile 15.48 2wd

to me these times seems slow ive got a few mods done.
CAI/Comp 268 Cam/ CMR Johan diablo sport/ 93 Oct Full tank / E-fan / factory 20's with cooper zeon 275/60/20 / 180 tstat / full 3" exhaust dumped with Aero turbine muffler / L/T hedman headers /

Also does anyone know what our powertrain loss is? ive heard 28-30%

thanks guys

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
ok questions and also lets get some times so i can compare.

did my 0-60 and 1/4 mile times today and seems slow to me or am i expecting more out of my truck than what its worth?

timed with dynolicious iphone app all launches done with boosting the engine with brake held before launch.

2wd launch 0-60 7.79 sec (alot of spin)
4wd launch 0-60 8.24 sec (no spin a little shudder)

1/4 mile 15.89 4wd
1/4 mile 15.48 2wd

to me these times seems slow ive got a few mods done.
CAI/Comp 268 Cam/ CMR Johan diablo sport/ 93 Oct Full tank / E-fan / factory 20's with cooper zeon 275/60/20 / 180 tstat / full 3" exhaust dumped with Aero turbine muffler / L/T hedman headers /

Also does anyone know what our powertrain loss is? ive heard 28-30%

thanks guys
Off gasoline engine, only 20% of gasolines total energy is delivered to the wheels, most energy from gasoline is lost in the cooling system, drags, exhaust so on so forth.

You could improve the times by lowering the vehicle to the ground and installing an air damn to slightly improve dynamics, the next thing you could do and it is a huge improvement is to get rid of the crap stock driveshaft and have a performance high speed balanced driveshaft made, they are typically lighter and have almost zero vibration thus reducing parasitic drag and you can get an increase of up to 8HP. Some other things that could be done are when racing, race with 1/4 to 1/2 a tank of gasoline, gasoline is heavy. Another thing you could do to help atleast with the take off is to turn off OD. A bit more torque and HP is delivered to the wheels.

My 95 dodge van actually has better times then your pickup in 2WD mode.

You could rebuild the transmission with components that are indended for performance but this would cost much. This will actually save you seconds then a transmission with stock parts (how I got to beating your pickup).

I would also chane the coil packs to something made for performance, deliver a little more to the plugs to decrease misses. Use a double roller cam, umm what else can I think of. Depending on if your engine is knocking I would actually use a hotter thermostat, fuel burns better when the engine is hotter but not to hot. This is an exact science lol, for once.

If you do that you want to be sure the engine doesn't overheat so change the radiator to a performance radiator. I would also slap a transmission external cooler to help keep the temps down.

Truely, alot of loses are in drag. Especially with balancing of shafts and wheels.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts