DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I replaced the fuel pump 6 months ago and for the past few weeks it’s been loosing acceleration power and idling rough and has even cut off on me. Not even an hour ago the check engine light came on, hooked reader up to it and it gave me p062A so I know it has something to do with the fuel I just don’t know where to start! Please help!

·
Registered
434 Posts
If the P062A code appears, it means that a problem has been found in the fuel pump "A" control circuit. Specifically it means that the voltage detected with the circuit is outside the normal range or experiencing performance problems.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I replaced the fuel pump 6 months ago and for the past few weeks it’s been loosing acceleration power and idling rough and has even cut off on me. Not even an hour ago the check engine light came on, hooked reader up to it and it gave me p062A so I know it has something to do with the fuel I just don’t know where to start! Please help!
Hi Jhope1013, Sorry to hear you are experiencing this concern, we certainly understand why this would be concerning. If you end up addressing this with your local RAM dealer, please let us know via PM. We'd be more than happy to provide you with an additional layer of assistance for that process.
Rob
RamCares

·
Registered
37 Posts
there are u tube videos about replacing/dropping fuel tank/pump... they all seem crazy about cleaning the tanks and the top flange before putting in a new pump... hope something is not plugging the fuel system... sounds like it is... time to check that pump install

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had same prob on 2015 Ram 1500 3.6l replaced fuel pump and driver and fixed the problem. Worked for me. Good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts