DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First I’m gonna start by saying I don’t have oem remote start, I did add an aftermarket one called flashlogic, but I did remove the aftermarket remote start and it still was trying to start randomly. I was doing yard work and I heard the truck cranking trying to start. I figured probably hit the key fob. Not the case, because the fob was on the driver seat. So I was a little confused. Earlier in the day when I did start the truck it made a loud noise that didn’t sound so well. I shut the truck off and restarted it and it was even louder. Shut it off again and restarted it and it was fine. Back to after the truck tried starting itself. It tried cranking its self a another 2 times so I decided to remove the aftermarket remote start and when I did that the truck tried starting itself again, so it has nothing to do with the remote start. It’s a 2011 ram 1500. Any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
3 Posts
New Rams has something called TIPM. (Totally Integrated Power Module). When this unit fail it will cause several things to happen. I wonder if yours is going bad. Just read around and you are going to see a lot of people complaining about it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts