DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have an 02 dodge ram 1500 4 door 5.9 360 v-8 70k miles.... For some reason when I get on it the truck does not shift when it hits redline it just bounces off the rev limiter until I let go of the gas.... I've never had a vehicle do this before and it's making me mad...... Also from a stop if I hit the gas the truck hesitates a little bit before taking off. Any help appreciated :) thanks guys

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The only code is that it needs a new cat but the check engine light will go on and off sometimes....

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got my truck scanned today and it came back with codes all pointing to the oxygen sensor, so I got a new one idk if that will help any of my problems or not

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thus why I'm getting mad lol it's still under my extended warranty so I might hit up te dealer and see if they can fix it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had the EXACT same thing happen with my last dodge. Only had 34,000 miles on it.
I was going to take it to the dealer before the warranty ran out, but I decided to do the tranny screen and fluid change first. It is recommended by dodge to do this as routine maintenance every 24,000 i think it was, so they would have charged me for it anyway. That was the problem. Shifted fine after that.
Change the tranny filter and fluid and I bet you will fix your problem....

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I am not a trans tech but I had this problem in my wifes sebring and it was TPS. ( throttle position sensor). Might want to see if that is a possibility in this case?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts