DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i finally got to "cut up" since i put the exhaust on... Taking off at full throttle from 15mph'ish my back tires slip a bit and i can feel slight bucking where this def did not happen before.

It had to have freed up a bit a torque but ill never know till it goes to the track. However i wont do that till after diablo steps up to the plate

·
Registered
116 Posts
Typically true duels will hurt you in low end torque. True duals being two separate pipes, two separate cats and two separate mufflers

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The only reductions in back pressure are the Y junction behind the cats and two performance mufflers. Still have cats.

Honostly, it does run better from before

·
Registered
341 Posts
Typically true duels will hurt you in low end torque. True duals being two separate pipes, two separate cats and two separate mufflers
I have heard this methodology time and time again, but I don't necessarily agree with the ideology. I do believe that if you completely oversize your exhaust it will hurt your low end, but if you use "proper" size exhaust pipe I think you will still free up power and torque. The reason I believe this is because I installed headers and true duals on my old, 1979, 318. The result was much better power throughout the entire rpm range. The truck could not even think of spinning the tires before, but the exhaust turned it into a tire fryer. Do not get me wrong, I did not install 3" pipe which is why I say as long as the pipe isn't crazy oversized I believe it will help.

·
Registered
355 Posts
x2 on the 2500s most of the kits up to 6" come with a 4" down pipe to keep back pressure where it needs to be while still freeing up flow to get the exhaust out. For this same reason people can run the jeep SRT8 headers and not lose low end torque, its bigger but not to big.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes i did *******. Man does great work. Did the last three vehicles ive owned. Great prices too

·
Registered
248 Posts
I did my true duals a few months back and used magnaflow X pipe and straight through mufflers and I didn't notice any gains or losses. It seems about the same except for that sweet deep rumble it makes now...lol. If I did gain or lose it's to small to feel, only a dyno would reveal the truth.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I cut off my Y pipe and welded 3 in stainless steel dual exhaust with 4 inch tips out the back. Sounds good, better throttle response then the K&N CAI helped also.

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
The only reductions in back pressure are the Y junction behind the cats and two performance mufflers. Still have cats.

Honostly, it does run better from before
so your still runnin a Y...thats not true duals...

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
i've got tons of mods and i won't even do true duals..it's close, duals all the way from headers to dual in/single out muffler, no cats ..I went single out because I still want my low end tq...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts