DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my truck at the dealers yesterday for service. Asked the manager if they ran my VIN and see if there are any TSB's to be applied. Got the very quick Nope! and the mechanice was done pretty quick if yo ask me for the 5000 mile service. Oil change, filter nad some other thing for $25.00 supercharge what it said. I'm begining to think this dealership doesn't even beging to look up and see if you have any updates. I have a 2001 1500 QC Sport 4x4, nothing done since wife bought it in Sept. so why not put in the TSB for the tranny? Any way to figure out what TSBs have been done to your truck and what ones need to be done by VIN? Sure would be nice and I would like to know how you guys are getting yours done? Might have to go to another dealer to get them I guess.

Gary

·
Registered
35,470 Posts
Let us know how you make out and keep us updated.....

·
Registered
407 Posts
TSB's do not need to be done, recalls are what need to be done. TSB's are only there to help the mechanic fix a problem that the customer is complaining about.

Lets say you come to the dealer and say that your truck has a check engine light on with a P0714 code. After the mechanic gets the truck and scans for codes one of the first things to do is check for tsb's. If chrysler has seen a common problem they will release a tsb. So the tsb would say if a certain truck in a certain build date has a p0714 code then perform this repair....could be a flash could be replace the trans temp sensor. No dealer will just perform a tsb for no reason, chrysler would eventually catch on and get on that dealers ass.

Take the tsb for minivan trans side gear bearings for example. The tsb says that if 2010 minvans have a whining noise in 3-6 gears to remove the valvebody and underdrive compounder to replace the side gear bearings and install the correct size bearing shim. Its a job that pays 5.0 hours and is around $150 in parts. If that tsb was performed on every minivan then chrysler would be shelling out millions of dollars that they wouldn't need to.

Sorry for the long post but maybe this will clear up some things about TSB's, their just there to help mechanics.

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
TSB's do not need to be done, recalls are what need to be done. TSB's are only there to help the mechanic fix a problem that the customer is complaining about.
Exactly

Well said.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts