DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm new to the forum but not new to Dodge /Ram /Jeep. I just purchased a 2016 Ram 2500 6.4 l Laramie. I'd really like to add a performance tune but the options seem to be limited on the 6.4s. Has anyone else done this with a noticeable increase in performance and if so, what product did you use? Thanks, Tony

·
Registered
201 Posts
Hi,
I looked into tuners for the 6.4. My research showed that if I was unwilling to give up 87 octane gas that there was little to gain. Plus in order to do a tuner you have to get an unlocked ECM so total cost would be around $1000

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,
I looked into tuners for the 6.4. My research showed that if I was unwilling to give up 87 octane gas that there was little to gain. Plus in order to do a tuner you have to get an unlocked ECM so total cost would be around $1000
Shelkol...I found the same thing. Diablo seems to be the only "off the shelf tuner" available and at $1000 bucks it had better turn my truck into Knight Rider.:woohoo: I'm not sure how much the new PCM is from them but I found several on ebay for $160 bucks. Not sure if that would save anything or not. I've read reviews and they have been mediocre at best so I guess I'll save my pennies for now. I have also briefly read about the Hemifever tunes and they sound a bit more promising but I didn't see one for the Ram trucks.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I felt like the transmission tuning from Sean was worth it. The tranny gearing is completely wrong for gas burners and that's the closest thing to fixing it we can do.

Luke

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
Lil Black 4x4 Hemi
DODGE RAM FORUM
We’re the ultimate Dodge RAM forum to talk about the RAM 1500, 2500 and 3500 including the Cummins powered models.
Full Forum Listing