DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanting to get a tuner to get more hp out of my truck I have a 2001 2500 with the 5.7 hemi someone lead me in the right direction please

·
Banned
516 Posts
I seriously doubt you have a 2001 2500 with a hemi unless you or some other person put it there lol. So I'm willing to bet either your year is wrong or engine is wrong; which is it?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I seriously doubt you have a 2001 2500 with a hemi unless you or some other person put it there lol. So I'm willing to bet either your year is wrong or engine is wrong; which is it?
my bad it is a 2003

·
Banned
516 Posts
A tuner will give you a little bit, but be warned, it isn't gonna be anything earth shattering. A Superchips tuner would be the best for yours; a used 3815 or 3865 if you can fine one unlocked. Will be a lot cheaper since you won't be able to use the full range of options a new tuner would have (welcome to 2003 ownership). Something like this: 3865 but unlocked, though honestly if that one ended up selling for $40-50 it's still a good deal even with the unlock fee. Avergage price should be right around $150 or so for an unlocked used one. If memory serves, the 3842 was the one that followed. LOTS of those floating around.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts