DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1998 1500 reg cab short bed and 5.9L 360. I have been looking to start tuning out this truck as much as i possibly can....only problem is i have VERY limited knowlege on the subject. i have been trying to find turbos and such to add the extra power and such. is this possible on this model truck? what else can i get like programmers parts etc?

·
Registered
392 Posts
I would start simple. Programmer, CAI, and exhaust before going nuts with turbochargers and stuff. I know Superchips makes an excellent programmer, and most CAI's are created equal from my experience. S&B has been good and cheap for everyone I know who has used one. Anyways, good motor choice, it has LOTS of potential.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was looking at changing out my gear ratio from the stock 3.55 to something bigger. I can't find a good deal on anything though. recommendations? also, i was thinking about getting the brute force cai by aem. little pricy but it has the best reviews from what i saw. any suggestions? one last thing, i was wanting to also get around a 2.5 level kit or 3" lift....3" looks good i think but at the same time for the price, the 2.5" from rough country looks pretty appetizing....suggestions for a low budget?

·
Registered
164 Posts
if going gears, get 4.10's or 4.56's!
remember if you have a 4x4 you have to do BOTH axles. or you will break more than you will want to know about.

+1 on the superchips, i love mine and the 5.9's respond excellent to them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts