DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
wow, that was a slow 1/4 mile for both of them....I would have figured a mid to low 14 for the supercharged ram(dont they run about 15.7 stock????:4-dontknow:) and at least a 12 fromt he srt10(dont they run 13.19 stock???:4-dontknow:)....Maybe im still thinking about that other srt10 that ram a 10.79 in the 1/4 mile....

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Either that Daniel, or really really really high elevation like ontop of Mt. Everest. I choose your option though Lol.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I'm thinking there is not a supercharger or a turbo on either of those Rams...
that hemi ram has to...I can hear it spool up right before launch, then, I hear either a BOV or turkey gobble between shifts.

though...its probably an automatic...so...it shouldn't do that between shifts.

Maybe its a turbo 4.7 5 spd?

Either way...something had to be done to it to spank an SRT 10 that badly.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Not impressed . They run better than that stock . Didn't see alot of wheel spin . Can't blame it on that .
I agree. At the Highschool Drags last year at Pacific Raceways my friends stock 92 integra ran a 16.5... it has 185k on the clock also Lol.

Then the next to new supercharged SRT10 goes out and runs what it does?

That is just stupid!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Ive seen this video on youtube... Actuallt thinking about getting one of the turbo kits that the hemi is running on. The hemi is a fully built 392 stroker that runs 11's all day, supposively theres bad track management, explaining the wrong times (probably from a previous run). Dont know about the srt except for what is posted in the video but the hemi is nasty!!! Running that sts turbo kit!!! The kit untuned on a stock hemi ram on 3-4 psi puts out somewhere between 100-115 rwhp. Hard to deny claims like that when it performs the way it does. Look up other videos on the sts kit, its pretty amazing the power it gives you. Also the same hemi ram has a video of doing burnouts where he makes shredding the factory tires LOOK effortless!!!

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I just timed it with the timer on the video...the run was about 14 seconds. If you look closely, the board was posting the times before they even reached the end of the 1/4.

·
Registered
21,490 Posts
Ive seen this video on youtube... Actuallt thinking about getting one of the turbo kits that the hemi is running on. The hemi is a fully built 392 stroker that runs 11's all day, supposively theres bad track management, explaining the wrong times (probably from a previous run). Dont know about the srt except for what is posted in the video but the hemi is nasty!!! Running that sts turbo kit!!! The kit untuned on a stock hemi ram on 3-4 psi puts out somewhere between 100-115 rwhp. Hard to deny claims like that when it performs the way it does. Look up other videos on the sts kit, its pretty amazing the power it gives you. Also the same hemi ram has a video of doing burnouts where he makes shredding the factory tires LOOK effortless!!!
I would hope so . I wasn't impressed with that video .

·
Registered
875 Posts
ATTN: Those times were from the previous run. You can see them posted when they are only half way down the track. Which is pretty crappy for the track to not delete the previous times for the next race, never seen a track do that before.

But even if you do estimate it from the timer, it is only a 13-14 sec run (give a take a half a second). Still slow when you think about everything that's in the engine bay. Even if it is bad track management, how come he couldn't get a proper burnout during staging?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Ya, the times were wrong. I was at the time running mid to high 13's with the STS turbo kit on a 100% stock 5.7 Hemi, open diff with 3.55 gears and the factory 245/55R17 Michelins. I should be well into the 11's this spring if I don't break anything.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Almost 10yr old thread and good chance some of these people aren't here anymore, you might wanna start a new one lol.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts