DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2014 1500 Laramie

A few months ago my right front turn signal warning light came on and the flasher would click super fast which normally indicates a light out. The thing is, the lights are working and flashing like normal. Randomly the hyperflash will stop and the turn signals will continue to work as normal and then after a few weeks, the hyper flash would return, again with all of the lights working as they should.

A few days ago, my left front turn signal warning light came on and it is now hyper flashing. All of the lights are working as they should but the blinker sound and dash lights are hyperflashing. At one point yesterday both my left and my right turn signals were doing this but then my right turn signal stopped (as it has in the past) and currently it is just my left turn signal doing it.

Has anyone ran into this? I'm not seeing anything online about it.

The only change that I've made to the lights was done well over a year ago and that was installing JDM Astar LED headlights. These are on an entirely different harness so I'm having problems associating the two and again the change was made a year ago. This has been happening in the past 3 months. I thought maybe a flasher relay, but I can't seem to find a flasher relay in the fuse box..and the guy at autozone didn't know.

Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Probably because of the LED lights.

I would go around and check that all the led's are properly seated in the socket, maybe a little oxidation on the contacts could be causing the issue

Also, if the system isn't properly loaded (resistance) it will cause this issue. The Can Bus monitoring system is looking for a certain load and your LED's may just be on the threshold of the system tolerance.

Just a few thoughts that might help.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the feedback.

I'll pull it apart this weekend and see if I can come up with anything. It is unfortunate if that is the case as the stock headlights were horrible on this truck. replacing with LED's were a night and day difference.

Thanks again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts