DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Hoping someone has seem this issue before and can guide me in the right direction. I have a 2005 Ram 1500 and recently all at once had my turn signals, one brake light, and head light stopped working. All turn signals stopped working except the rear passenger side which flashes quickly. The turn signals on the dash also work and flash quickly. My rear driver side brake light doesn't work. All of the running lights do work. My headlights are also acting up as my driver side head light only works on high. The passenger side only works on low and daytime running.

I have done done a bunch of.google searches and broken wire and bad ground seems like it could be the problem. Currently looking for broken wires but none seen yet. Or the multifunction control could be the problem. Is there a way for to test the MFC without buying a new one?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello,

Hoping someone has seem this issue before and can guide me in the right direction. I have a 2005 Ram 1500 and recently all at once had my turn signals, one brake light, and head light stopped working. All turn signals stopped working except the rear passenger side which flashes quickly. The turn signals on the dash also work and flash quickly. My rear driver side brake light doesn't work. All of the running lights do work. My headlights are also acting up as my driver side head light only works on high. The passenger side only works on low and daytime running.

I have done done a bunch of.google searches and broken wire and bad ground seems like it could be the problem. Currently looking for broken wires but none seen yet. Or the multifunction control could be the problem. Is there a way for to test the MFC without buying a new one?
I'm having the same exact issue! You're the first I've seen with the identical problem. Have you figured it out?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm having the same exact issue! You're the first I've seen with the identical problem. Have you figured it out?
Yes it's a corroded section of the fuse panel circuit board. Fairly common problem from what I researched.
You can solder in a jumper wire and it will fix it. Check out this video.
Another video with the same problem just soldering the opposite side of the board.
I am not great at soldering directly on the board, I found the first video easier.

Good luck.
Dave

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes it's a corroded section of the fuse panel circuit board. Fairly common problem from what I researched.
Another video with the same problem just soldering the opposite side of the board.
I am not great at soldering directly on the board, I found the first video easier.

Good luck.
Dave
Awesome! Thank you very much, its been driving me crazy. I try this out tomorrow and hope for the best. Thank you again.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Good luck.
Dave
I actually have a complete parts truck so I may just swap out the whole panel to make sure thats my issue before I go ruining more trying to solder and take the Fuse block apart lol. Thank you again for the help and fast response!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts