DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 2011 Ram 2500 with the fold out tow mirrors with the turn signal integrated into them. Does anyone know if there is a way I could make the turn signal on the mirror into a clearance light that comes on with the headlights and is on all the time, as opposed to be a turn signal?

·
Registered
337 Posts
If it can be done it would be a rewire. Out with the turn signal,in with the running lights.
The how is the tough part. Good MOD if it can happen.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea I knew it would require some sort of rewiring to happen, and if this was a 98 Ram I would have confidence in what I was doing, with all the new electronics in these trucks Id be afraid to do anything afraid of sending some sort of warning to my computer that would make my truck do something goofy, just looking for some insight from someone who may know more about this than I would, I've google searched it and someone mentioned something about taking it to the dealer to get it reflashed and programmed to stay on with the headlights, is this really an option?

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
I would imagine it would be as easy as finding out which were their power/ground wires and disconnecting them from the blinker circuit and adding to the running light circuit.... either that or just add the running like circuit to the existing wire??

Your blinkers might go a little crazy (hyper speed) though

1 - 4 of 4 Posts