DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an opinions thread in the Mods zone on cranking your torsion keys instead of buying new keys and an unloading tool. So as everyone encouraged me to just crank it, I got the itch. These pics arent that good, but it is just a reference for those of you who haven looked for them before. The first pic is the drivers side which was tucked in a factory knotch cut out of the T-case skid plate. The second picture is of course the passenger side. The next is a picture I took before.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
You cant really tell where my fenders start in that last pic. After I was finished with the crank, and one other lil mod, it was dark. I will take some more pics tomorrow. I can tell you that I turned them up 3 and 1/2 turns as a test, and I gained a lil over an inch. I still have an inch to go before its level.

As for the other mod, I just put a couple of LED strips on the front of the lower front cross member in front of the radiator. Again, when I find my camera the pics will be better.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
its amazing what 2 inches up front will do to the appearance of your truck! I love mine leveled, I see a ton of trucks in town here that are leveled

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok I'm hijacking my own thread. While I was in the garage today adjusting the keys I remembered something. The truck came with an older "Valor" CD/DVD/NAV system with a 7" touch screen monitor. That was cool but wasnt the main selling point and I didn't ask much about it when I bought the truck. The salesman said that there were a couple of dead remotes in the glovebox for it. The stereo hasnt been one of the top priorities for me but I got a suprise today. I found the remotes and there was one that was in two pieces and looked pretty crappy. I cleaned out the corroded battery, glued it back together, popped a new battery in and started pressing buttons.... Low and behold Ive got an alarm with keyless entry and a lil blue led indicator. Cool enough I thought because until then I didnt have keyless entry. I then tried the red button, which I thought would be the panic button, to hear it sound off. It didnt work, so I hit it again and the remote beeped at me and my truck CRANKED ITSELF....:SHOCKED:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts