DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. Is there a completely waterproof tonneau cover and if so, what brand?
2. Any recommendations for a small secure gun safe to go inside the middle console ?

Thanks,

BK

·
Premium Member
32,787 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have an bakflip mx4. It hasn't rained but it claims to be waterproof (reviews tend to agree) and they give you a 60 day money back guarantee if you order from their site.

·
Registered
247 Posts
A fiberglass hard cover would be 100% waterproof. I had an undercover elite and loved it. But this time I went with the undercover ultra flex trifold and I know it may not be 100% waterproof, but the first weekend.........I drove an hour and it rained so hard that traffic on the interstate was stop and go. When I made it back, there were just a few drops of water near the tailgate.

Well, I noticed that I had the cover too far forward.......I readjusted it and drove in the rain last week and everything was dry. Still..........I expect the possibility of some drops near the tailgate. But the looks and the function of the tri fold ......I love it.

As for a gun safe, I'm a conceal carry person 100% of the time and I don't know if it's a military thing, but I believe in having my gun on my person at all times. If someone tries to attack me as I'm pumping gas or runs up to my vehicle at a red light, or attacks me as I enter my truck..........I need it on me. I carry IWB and usually appendix carry. But good luck with meeting your needs. I can kinda see using a safe if I'm going into a bank and I need to secure it, quickly, in the truck for a few minutes. But I just lock it in the glove box......if they steal my truck, either way they'll have my gun because I can break into that safe.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have an BakFlip MX4 installed on mine (for about a month now). We have had some torrential rain the last few weeks and I've taken it through the car wash a few times. The only leakage I get is right around the two corners of the tailgate, and only when it really pours, or I run it through the car wash with those high pressure jets. Love my BakFlip!

·
Registered
247 Posts
I have an BakFlip MX4 installed on mine (for about a month now). We have had some torrential rain the last few weeks and I've taken it through the car wash a few times. The only leakage I get is right around the two corners of the tailgate, and only when it really pours, or I run it through the car wash with those high pressure jets. Love my BakFlip!

Is yours minimal also?? Mine was almost like "dew" near the very rear corners and such a small amount that it wouldn't have run into the bed. Just straight down. I think readjusting mine may have done the truck for that though.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yes, only a few drops if that. Yesterday we had a deluge of Biblical portion. The rain came down sideways, from three different directions for about 30 minutes. I had a tiny trickle on the left side that ran almost to the wheel well. Maybe if I re-adjust the cover back a wee bit it might correct the issue. It's only the two corners that leak, but I think the cover could be adjusted towards the back a hair or two. We'll see what that does.

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts