1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my Ram 4x4 Laramie Crew 2 years ago today here is my review:

Mileage: 73375
Hours: 2010
Gas Mileage: (all hand calculated) Avg. 16.4, High 18.9, Low 13.9 Always use 89 octane. (3:55 rear end)
Goodyear tires replaced at 50k with Michelin LTX much nicer ride.
Use Mobil 1 5-20 with Mopar filter, change every 5k miles
I replaced the plugs at 30k and 60 miles, took me about 90 minutes.
60k had trans fluid/filter changed along with front diff fluid.

Mods: Mud Flaps, Chrome Step Bars, Bed Rug, Century Cap.

Problems:

1. I have the tin can rattle that many have talked about at 1500-1700 rpm in overdrive, and it gets worse if I am going up a slight incline. I know there is a fix but unless something happens will live with it
2. At 40 mph if in overdrive and punch it, it will shutter before down shifting. It goes into third, then two prime. I guess they are working on some type of software fix this. Not sure what the status of this fix is.

I use my truck for work everyday and really enjoy driving it.

In the end would I buy another, yes.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Nice review, glad to hear things are still going well at 70+ thousand miles!

·
Registered
834 Posts
Great review - I have the shudder that you mentioned in point 2 as well. Haven't had the time yet to take it to the dealer and try to duplicate, and I'm not really sure they have a fix for it either....

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have the shudder happening in my truck too. I took it to the dealer and they blamed it on my oversized tires.

I would like to know how you are getting 16+ MPG though. I am lucky to get over 13 and I can't imagine the bigger tire caused that much of a loss. I changed the tires about a month after I got, so I really don't have a lot to compare it with before the tire swap.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Mileage goes down noticeably with larger tires, at least mine did. I also did a leveling kit. Lost ~2 mpg fwiw. Some may see more or less depending on rear gear and driving habits.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts