DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

I got these codes, and I don't know what sensor they're referring to. My AE says "Lost Communication w/ Left Side satellite sensor 4" and "Lost communication w/ right side satellite sensor 4". Does anyone know what these sensors are, and where they're located?

Thanks much!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nobody wanted to take a swing at this one? That's ok, I didn't either. But - here's what I found (for anyone else who wants to know). Satellite sensor 4 is the pressure sensor in the door. It makes sense that mine is showing loss of communication to LH and RH because I replaced my doors with those out of a 2014. So, I replaced my door sensors, and the electrical connector, but still got those errors. It's a simple 2 wire connection, and it's easy enough to test. The 2 wires (signal and gnd) leave the occupant restraint controller (ORC) and go to the sensor on the B pillar, then a separate pair leave that sensor and go back to the one on the C pillar. Then another pair goes forward to the door sensor. You get at the sensor back at the C pillar by pulling the plastic back, pulling the sensor out, and unplugging it, and just check the wires going to the door, using on Ohm meter. WITH THE BATTERY DISCONNECTED!!!! Both wires should be isolated from ground and hot, just like the CAN network.

My wires checked out fine, so that suggests my wiring is ok, and my sensor is bad, but the sensor is new, so I'm still struggling with it.

It doesn't really hinder things, it just sets an airbag light, makes an extra "ding" when I start er up, and the airbags won't work until I get this fixed. I'll post up if I ever get this figured out :)

·
Registered
136 Posts
It's possible the sensor was dropped. If so, the system will not recognize it. Are you sure you have the correct sensor?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’m sure the sensors are right. As far as any damage, it’s impossible to tell, I believe, and I can’t do any bench testing. I wish I knew more about the protocol, maybe I could see what messaging is actually happening. I’m too busy to work on it right now, and it’s a daily driver, but come winter when I slow down, I can pick this up again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts