DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received this recall in the mail today for my 2018 RAM 2500. Did anyone else receive it?

This is now the 4th recall I've got outstanding on a truck that's not even a year old yet! I've got an appointment in a couple weeks to get 3 of them looked at, I guess I'll add this 4th to the list.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Yup mine going n next week, Was going to get it done but we had a snpw storm and roads were crappy,so did not make it

·
Super Moderator
34,648 Posts
I got this in the mail with the U07 recall. I will not get the autopark one done, this one isn't a high priority for me

·
Registered
19 Posts
How long did your guy's recalls take? Brought mine in this morning at 9:30am, they called at 4pm to say it was still plugged in and updating, could take 2 to 6 hours yada blah blah. Everyone I spoke to prior to this said maybe an hour, even a guy at the dealership said all they do is plug it in and it updates. Like it wouldn't take long at all... They called to ask if they could keep it overnight that way the electrical guy has it first thing for an unrelated armrest/usb hub harness replacement problem. After the day I had without my work truck, i'm pretty pissed off.

9:30am, wiring harness replacement (3hours) U53 update (1hour), what am i missing here, i feel like they are dicking me around.. I even had a f**king appointment.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Unfortunately Metal, some dealerships appointment only means that is when the service writers has you booked to arrive. I always try to book mine for Monday mornings, and get there before they open, that way the service tech should have nothing on his plate. Another thing to check into is, does the shop have enough certified techs. Not all tech are certified to do half the jobs that show up. I quit using the dealer closest to my house for this very problem.

·
Registered
790 Posts
How long did your guy's recalls take? Brought mine in this morning at 9:30am, they called at 4pm to say it was still plugged in and updating, could take 2 to 6 hours yada blah blah. Everyone I spoke to prior to this said maybe an hour, even a guy at the dealership said all they do is plug it in and it updates. Like it wouldn't take long at all... They called to ask if they could keep it overnight that way the electrical guy has it first thing for an unrelated armrest/usb hub harness replacement problem. After the day I had without my work truck, i'm pretty pissed off.

9:30am, wiring harness replacement (3hours) U53 update (1hour), what am i missing here, i feel like they are dicking me around.. I even had a f**king appointment.
If I remember right it was maybe a hour or 1 1/2 hrs ,Had it done with a Oil Change

·
Premium Member
32,662 Posts
What is a u53 recall?
Summary. Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain model year 2014-2015 Ram 1500 Quad Cab trucks manufactured August 26, 2013, to August 8, 2015. The affected vehicles are equipped with side air bag inflatable curtains (SABIC) that may not fully overlap the C-pillars in the event of a vehicle crash.

The C-pillars are the cab supports that are behind the rear seats

·
Registered
658 Posts
I just got the notice in the mail today for my 2017 RCSB. So far it's not a recall, just a "customer satisfaction notice." I believe I'll avoid this one until I find out more.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts