DODGE RAM FORUM banner

UC 3.0? Get the Garmin Nuvi 2797LMT

932 2
So I have the UConnect 3.0 in my 2013 Ram Express and I decided that I would like Bluetooth/Voice Command/etc. This nuvi is amazing.

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/on-the-road/automotive/new-2013/nuvi-2797lmt/prod112203.html

It is a huge screen, but of course we drive huge trucks so it looks good on the dash (I got the friction mount; highly recommend as it is much easier to take in and out and doesn't leave suction cup rings on your windshield).

I now have bluetooth/voice command/real time traffic/etc (all of which work great) for a fraction of the price of how much extra I would've had to pay to get a higher end model of the 2013 Ram. And this Garmin will blow almost any in-dash nav system out of the water (definitely does when compared to my wife's volkswagen).

This might not be very useful for most, but some might find it a good option for those looking to "upgrade" the 3.0. :smileup:
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
31 Posts
I just did the same thing, except I have the Uconnect 5.o in my truck. I went with the Garmin 3597LMT. I wanted the glass surface for multi-touch and the groovy new magnetic mount.

I couldn't justify paying for the upgrades necessary to have Nav built in.

· Registered
153 Posts
So I have the UConnect 3.0 in my 2013 Ram Express and I decided that I would like Bluetooth/Voice Command/etc. This nuvi is amazing.

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/on-the-road/automotive/new-2013/nuvi-2797lmt/prod112203.html

I now have bluetooth/voice command/real time traffic/etc (all of which work great) for a fraction of the price of how much extra I would've had to pay to get a higher end model of the 2013 Ram. And this Garmin will blow almost any in-dash nav system out of the water (definitely does when compared to my wife's volkswagen).

This might not be very useful for most, but some might find it a good option for those looking to "upgrade" the 3.0. :smileup:

I have been using the same unit. It works remarkably well.

But I bought the 3.0 to go a different direction.... Now that Metra has a harness adapter and dash kit available, as soon as my Kenwood DNX 690HD gets here, I'll have a built-in, double-din AM/FM, Garmin NAV, bluetooth, Ipod controller head unit that works better than OEM. Also... it doesn't have the electronic controls to the entire truck running through it....!!

My girlfriend already swiped the Nuvi from me and loves it, too!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.