DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was recently told by two Dodge service reps that I couldn't change out my Uconnect 3.0 in my 2015 Ram 1500. Does this sound right? I've heard of other people doing it anyways. Has anyone tried it and has any tips, or why it won't work? I'd like to put in a different Uconnect with a touch screen so I can have bluetooth and a backup camera. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Yes, you can upgrade.
Can even go with better, aftermarket system, if you wish.
If aftermarket, check out Crutchfield,
they will literally walk you thru it

Use search box and googleFU
Tons of threads on How TO DO it with pictures.
literally a plethora of options.

Just a matter of how involved do you want it to be and how much money do you want to spend.

For the price of an OEM upgrade to 5.0 or higher, I decdied to spend less money and actually upgrade my sound.
got phone bluetooth back up camera, all of it.

Get MAestro capabple radio and keep all functional ity of OEM. for most part.

again, tons of threads about how to

·
Registered
2 Posts
There is a great thread on here in the diy section if you want to upgrade to the 8.4 uconnect. Tells you what you need and step by step how to do it. I did it on my 2013 Express. Wasn't a very hard mod. Also did a factory backup cam. It was a little harder but not bad to do.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was recently told by two Dodge service reps that I couldn't change out my Uconnect 3.0 in my 2015 Ram 1500. Does this sound right? I've heard of other people doing it anyways. Has anyone tried it and has any tips, or why it won't work? I'd like to put in a different Uconnect with a touch screen so I can have bluetooth and a backup camera. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
was recently told by two Dodge service reps that I couldn't change out my Uconnect 3.0 in my 2015 Ram 1500. Does this sound right? I've heard of other people doing it anyways. Has anyone tried it and has any tips, or why it won't work? I'd like to put in a different Uconnect with a touch screen so I can have bluetooth and a backup camera. Thanks!

First off, quit going to that mechanic. He is an Idiot who thinks he knows it all instead of admitting he does not when asked.

yes, you can upgrase to literall every radio model available for your yer truck. Might invlove changing soe dash facia, depending on how up the line you go but s ismple one step up pgrade will get you bluetooth and back up camera screen capability, just need a camera then.

go to DIY forum and surf for ideas

1 - 5 of 5 Posts