DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
I’m not sure how/who to send a PM to… I greatly appreciate your assistance.
Welcome to the forum BenJamin,

Comment #390 in this thread is from "ramcares", which is a RAM customer support account.

If you send them a private message with your concerns they may be able to help you work with a dealer of your choice, though from the reports I've read here on the forum, if the truck is out of warranty, only a very few people have had "goodwill" replacement screens installed at no cost from their dealer.

To send a private message to ramcares, hover over the ramcares avatar and a popup will appear. In the bottom right hand corner of that popup is a "message" tab. Click on that and you'll be taken to where you can begin a private "conversation" with ramcares.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
I am having this same issue on our uconnect screen delaminating. I tried to PM you but I do not have 50 posts yet and I was hoping I could get another way to contact RamCares so we can try to get this issue resolved.
Hello RokusRam18
Welcome to the forum.
If you take another shot at messaging ramcares, I think you'll find private messages (called conversations here on Ramforumz) are enabled for you now.
Do please let me know here if they are not.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
How is the best way to contact Ram Cares? Sorry if these are redundant questions. I'm completely new to this forum, as well as these types of forums in general.
Welcome!!
Not the most cheerful circumstances for your first visit here, for sure, but welcome anyway.

The best way to contact ramcares is by private message, which we call "conversations" here on Ramforumz.
From here, the easiest way is for you to click on your avatar (which right now is a big letter "S" in a pink square, you can change that later if you want) in the top right hand corner of your screen. A popup will appear with a list of several options, and about in the middle of that list you'll see "conversations".
Click on that and you'll be take to a place where you can begin a conversation with ramcares. Enter "ramcares" in the address box, give your message a title, then write the body of your message and send it.
They will eventually ask for the kind of information from you that is best not posted in a public space (like your Truck's VIN and the name on the registration etc), and that's why private conversations are best in this situation.

I will say that ramcares will probably ask the name of your dealer, so if you have not had a conversation with them (doesn't have to be the dealer you bought from if you're already having issues with them) maybe that would be a first step. You don't mention mileage on your Ram, so be aware that if you're well beyond the original factory warranty mileage limit it may be an uphill struggle to get any reimbursement from RAM, but hey, never hurts to try.
This is a really looooong comment thread where some folks have reported success in getting some reimbursement, and others have had zero satisfaction in that regard.

This is definitely a known and regrettably common issue, but currently RAM is not offering any kind of policy to repair these units outside of warranty.

If you click on my avatar next to my comment here, you'll get a popup with the option to send me a message too. If I can be of any further help with anything, please don't hesitate to do exactly that.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
I tried to message Ramcares but it told me I could not because I was a new user.
Hi Scottfishel.
The private message feature (called "conversations" here on Ramforumz) should be enabled for you now, if you would care to try contacting Ramcares again.
Sorry for that inconvenience.
Welcome to the forum, btw. Reports of this delamination issue are continuing to accelerate, as this comment thread and others make clear, and as you mention, it's often not just an aesthetic issue - people are reporting it's affecting the functionality of their vehicles, sometimes seriously.
I would definitely contact ramcares. If they can help, they will.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
That was also the fixated on my 2018 power wagon they told me in the future if I had to get it aligned they would have to grind the weld off and re-weld it
Hi Joe
If you have not found it already, here's a longish comment thread that will tell you everything you need to know about getting your drag link fixed properly.
Bottom line is if you have the nuts welded to the adjustment sleeve, you are eligible for a brand new drag link and a full alignment at no cost to you.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Hi Mark,
I have been having issues with my screen since my truck was new... Never got anywhere with the dealer. It has finally gone out completely. I need some help figuring out how to replace it.
Thanks,
Al
The best way to contact ramcares is by private message (called conversations here on Ramforumz). They will ask for some information that's best not to have publicly displayed - like your VIN and a phone contact etc - so the secure private messaging system here is the way to go.
If you click on the ramcares name next to one of their comments, you'll go to the ramcares profile. There you will see a "start conversation" option. Click on that to send them a private message.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
I need advise if I should attempt the fix myself or see what the dealer says. I know I can do it myself I just don’t want to accidentally mess up the dash trim or electrical.
You have nothing to lose by contacting your dealer to see if they can help. Your OEM warranty has probably timed out, but your mileage is low, so it's worth a shot.
You could also send a private message to "ramcares" here on the forum to see if they might be of some assistance.
I'd try the dealer first, then message ramcares here if the dealer says there's nothing they can do.
Quite a few people have replaced their own screens with a new unit with updated adhesive. If you're careful and have some mechanical aptitude, it's not super difficult.
But that's not where I'd start, it's what I'd end up doing after exhausting all efforts to persuade RAM to replace the crappy one they put in my truck when they built it.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
I've tried to PM RamCares but got a response that I have to interact in the forum first.
Sorry you ran into that problem.
Private conversations should be enabled for you now if you'd care to try again.

You are correct that there is not a recall on this issue currently, nor are there any programs to provide assistance with repairs if the vehicle is out of warranty, either by RAM or by the manufacturer of the screens with the crappy adhesive.
Some few people do report getting help under certain circumstances, but it would appear to be uncommon up to this point.

As for repair, it's possible to replace just the screen (without replacing the entire head unit) with an updated version. Some folks have done it themselves. Quite a few Youtube videos show the process.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Any recommendations on some good YouTube videos to search for? I found several that were minimally helpful. I'd like to see the entire process ... removal of dashboard / panel(s) to access the head unit, removal of head unit (if necessary), proper removal of touchscreen without damaging or scratching the LCD (or would I replace the entire LCD and touchscreen), etc. Thanks.
I haven't reviewed but a couple of videos in this category, and neither showed the entire removal from dash, only the replacement once it's been separated from the head unit. Like you, if faced with the need to do this repair, I'd for sure want to see the entire process.
I did see a video which showed the difference between replacing the Screen/LCD combination and replacing just the screen once you've got the combination out of the head unit.
The combo replacement is a a good bit easier, since separating the screen from the LCD usually involves applying heat (hair dryer looks like it would work) to the glue strip to render it pliable enough to cut. Doable, but any mis-steps when cutting that glue strip which dings the LCD means you'll end up doing both anyway.
Maybe searching for a "head unit removal" video would fill in some gaps?

PS: If you do find one, it would be great if you could post a link to it here, or send it to me in a private conversation. With as many screens going kaput as are being reported, a "how to" thread for fixing it yourself would be a good addition to the forum. I'd be willing to put one together if we can assemble clear video instructions on how to do it from start to finish, and some help with finding good tutorial material will be really appreciated.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
This s a good one.
Hey thanks for those corneileous -
Anything you can find to help is great. I have chickenshit satellite internet with a 20 Gig monthly data cap here in the mountains, so I don't have the bandwidth to review vids hardly at all.
Still waiting for Elon Musk to send me my Starlink kit, then by golly things will be different. No telling when that will get here though. Old Elon just says "thanks for the deposit, we'll be in touch", and that's it!!!
LOL
Good sources for replacement screens/LCD would be valuable too, if anyone has experience in that area.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
if it’s affected by heat like they say biggie then why wouldn’t the trucks that have lesser miles on them be having this happen quicker?
Yeah, interesting observation. Another variable would be if a truck is garage-kept when not in use, or just parked outside. And if it is indeed heat-related, one would expect more failures in the south and desert west than in, say New England or Canada. I don't know if that kind of data are available though, at least not to us down here in the cheap seats.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts