DODGE RAM FORUM banner

261 - 280 of 302 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
So I noticed my truck also has started to delaminate on the screen it started to happen just outside of warranty At 38k miles. Is there a recall for this yet? It looks really bad for such a new vehicle to have this...
No recall as of yet unfortunately.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2018 1500 Laramie 48K miles. Dealer told me I needed a new radio but my warranty was expired $1200 bucks. Talked to Ram cares and I got nothing. Then I called the Uconnect directly. I was persistent but nice about it explained that the radio was delaminating and affected several items on the truck. Also made sure they understood how dangerous it was to have the different functions of the truck change while driving. Three days later I had a new radio installed at no cost. Thank you Uconnect.
Be persistent and talk to Uconnect.
Can you share a phone number please?

·
Registered
2018 Ram 2500 Crew 4wd 6.7Cummins w/automatic & 2019 Ram 1500 4wd Crew 5.7 Hemi w/8speed automatic
4 Posts
Recently purchased my 2018 Ram 2500 Laramie and started having the issue with delamination a whole 3 days after purchase which is how I found myself here in this forum. It goes all the way across the top of the screen. So far the dealer I purchased from hasn't been any help, but I will have the truck back at the dealer next week for pre-negotiated repairs and let them see for themselves. When on the radio it constantly changes stations, any other time it constantly presses on the clock, when in reverse it constantly changes between the reverse camera and the cargo camera, when in settings it will exit by its self making it near impossible to change any of the settings. 110% aggravating all around and wish it would have been known before purchased so I could have passed on the whole deal.

I would appreciate any helpful advice or guidance that anyone can offer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same situation with my RAM 2500 2018 here in Brazil, but here, was denied the warranty and they sent me a cote of US $ 3,300.00 to exchange the unit ... Nothing like the internet to show reality ...

·
Registered
1 Posts
We live in Houston Texas and we just purchased this 2018 Ram Lone Star and I noticed also at the left hand, top corner the screen is starting to delaminate, it started as a small spot and is growing, truck is original owner and has 52,000 miles, is this covered under extended warranty? This sucks as we have 5 years of notes on this truck and have only had it since October

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi @wagonmaster,

I regret to hear that you are experiencing this concern with your truck! If you wouldn't mind following up with me via PM, I would be happy to learn additional details to determine how to best assist you at this point.

Mark
RamCares
I have a 2018 Ram 1500 Eco Diesel doing the same thing it is at the dealership now for the EGR Cooler Recall and they told me it is not covered as it does not effect the operation of the unit. But from other forums i am reading that it is just a matter of time till it will make the unit unusable. Is there a fix for this in the works it would seem allot of 8.4 Uconnect units are effected.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same issue here on a 2018 Ram 1500 with 45k. Actually messaged with RamCares on another forum but I was told there’s nothing they can do because I’m out of warranty. Really disappoints me because I’m not going to pay a $120 diagnosis fee to tell me exactly what I know is wrong: screen delamination. My head unit has tried to call SOS twice now (glad my unconnect service is disconnected) on top of the lack of Bluetooth because of the attempts to call random favorites.

I can’t adjust HVAC controls without pulling over first to use two hands so I can time my changes just right so I can go from floor vents to face. This should be a safety concern and a recall. I am out of luck unless I can afford $1200 plus diagnostic fee.

How can I get Ram to pay for this obvious manufacturer defect? I’m not interested in paying a diagnosis fee in hopes I might get taken care of. I need something tangible and binding. I had good faith in buying into the brand but no good faith paid back into the consumer here...

·
Registered
1 Posts
While I regret that you are experiencing this, I appreciate you reaching out, @Soundman. Would you mind following up with me via PM on this so that I can determine how to best assist you at this point?

Mark
RamCares
Were you able to get yours resolved? Mine was total waste of time I cant even listen to radio it changes channel. I reached out to Mopar and dealership since I had like 1k over the warranty they told me thanks for buying a dodge but if you want it fixed its over 1k. Then when I told them its a issue I seen alot they said they are unaware of it. I gave up and considered it a 40k investment loss. I don't recommend the screens

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is there anyway to determine the correct replacement screen part number without removing the entire head unit and screen?
I don't have an issue with replacing just the screen myself, I just want to make sure I order the correct one for my unit the first time.
Researching I've come across (2) P/Ns (LA084X02-SL01) & (LA084X01-SL02).
I have a 2018 Ram 3500 Laramie (w/ NAV/GPS/SXM/WiFi).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi @wagonmaster,

I regret to hear that you are experiencing this concern with your truck! If you wouldn't mind following up with me via PM, I would be happy to learn additional details to determine how to best assist you at this point.

Mark
RamCares
I am having a similar issue, my screen is delaminating across the top and asking me if I want to rest my settings. I took it to the dealer in my area and the warranty manager refuses to honor the warranty for this. he is claiming the screen is cracked but it is not cracked, the service advisor pointed out the location of the said crack and I mentioned that it looked like the screen was still attached in that location and that I have never seen a crack that looked like a circle at the size of a ballpoint pen tip. He agreed but the warranty manager still refuses to saying it is a crack. I have 28K miles on the truck and feel this manager is trying to save his budget.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is there anyway to determine the correct replacement screen part number without removing the entire head unit and screen?
I don't have an issue with replacing just the screen myself, I just want to make sure I order the correct one for my unit the first time.
Researching I've come across (2) P/Ns (LA084X02-SL01) & (LA084X01-SL02).
I have a 2018 Ram 3500 Laramie (w/ NAV/GPS/SXM/WiFi).
I pulled my apart this weekend and found that the part number (P/N:) is LA084X01-SL01 or LA084X01 (SL) (01)
IMG_1189.JPG
So now to find a reasonably priced replacement screen.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Mark,
I am having same issue with my 2018 Dodge Ram Laramie 2500 4x4 with delamination but it is severely affecting performance. It would stay on a radio station and just bounces all around from station to station while beeping all the time. Keeps popping up with screen "do you want to change clock setting". Pretty dissappointing for a 2 year old truck. I would hope this would be replaced and Dodge would be credited from the vendor. Bad electronics. Had same issue with Garmin delamination on my boat touchscreen. Product wasn't under warranty yet they sent me a new one no charge.
Looking for your help.
Thanks Mark
Duane
I have the exact same issues, delamination and the screen goes haywire, I mean it will push 100 buttons, change all my settings and try to make me do things. 2018 Ram 3500 with 75k. Guess I’ll have to replace the screen my self. Have you found a good vendor for just a screen replacement? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Hi everyone--

Sorry to hear about the concerns you're all experiencing with the touchscreens in your vehicles. If any of you would like our @ramcares team's additional help while working with your dealers to get this addressed, please feel free to send us a private message! I'd be happy to look into it for you.

Courtney
Ram Cares

·
Registered
173 Posts
I'd like to add to this for the record. My 2018 2500 Tungsten is having similar issues. The 8.4N is delaminating from the top of the screen down.
The following issues will only reset if I turn the truck off ( Sometimes).
There are times when the radio will continue to change stations all by itself, searching, non stop.
The truck doesn't recognize the CD player.
The truck doesn't recognize the heated seats.
The truck will recognize both heated seats and not the wheel. If I turn the heated wheel on one seat goes off.

I can not change radio stations or CD track selections.

The screen will not stay off when in off mode .

The volume will not stay muted.

Again, all of the above will usually correct itself if I turn the truck off and restart it. Last week I had to do this four consecutive times.

Not connected to the radio screen but I've had to do this several times with the speed control. Turn the truck of then restart it. That is usually on the highway at a speed limit roll.
I did reach out to Ram Cares while at the dealership in anticipation of a problem. I hope they can help. They did get back to me today requesting more info.
The dealership ( Stones in Rexburg ID) shot me down today for that 8.4N replacement saying it was from moisture intrusion from cleaning the screen.
This is my fifth Dodge / RAM 2500 along with a bunch of other mopar cars along the way.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am having same issue with my 2018 Dodge Ram Longhorn 1500 4x4 with delamination. Ghosting is happening and asking if I want to reset my clock. This is bad since it pops up when the backup camera is displayed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
@ramcares

please help.
Same issue as all others
2018 Ram 1500
Screen delaminated to point where it calls random people on its own, changes radio station and randomly increases volume scaring my infant son, unable to use backup cam or radio as a whole.
It’s useless

·
Registered
4 Posts
@ramcares

please help.
Same issue as all others
2018 Ram 1500
Screen delaminated to point where it calls random people on its own, changes radio station and randomly increases volume scaring my infant son, unable to use backup cam or radio as a whole.
It’s useless
I know they have a couple class action law suits on this.

261 - 280 of 302 Posts