DODGE RAM FORUM banner
441 - 460 of 521 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Welcome!!
Not the most cheerful circumstances for your first visit here, for sure, but welcome anyway.

The best way to contact ramcares is by private message, which we call "conversations" here on Ramforumz.
From here, the easiest way is for you to click on your avatar (which right now is a big letter "S" in a pink square, you can change that later if you want) in the top right hand corner of your screen. A popup will appear with a list of several options, and about in the middle of that list you'll see "conversations".
Click on that and you'll be take to a place where you can begin a conversation with ramcares. Enter "ramcares" in the address box, give your message a title, then write the body of your message and send it.
They will eventually ask for the kind of information from you that is best not posted in a public space (like your Truck's VIN and the name on the registration etc), and that's why private conversations are best in this situation.

I will say that ramcares will probably ask the name of your dealer, so if you have not had a conversation with them (doesn't have to be the dealer you bought from if you're already having issues with them) maybe that would be a first step. You don't mention mileage on your Ram, so be aware that if you're well beyond the original factory warranty mileage limit it may be an uphill struggle to get any reimbursement from RAM, but hey, never hurts to try.
This is a really looooong comment thread where some folks have reported success in getting some reimbursement, and others have had zero satisfaction in that regard.

This is definitely a known and regrettably common issue, but currently RAM is not offering any kind of policy to repair these units outside of warranty.

If you click on my avatar next to my comment here, you'll get a popup with the option to send me a message too. If I can be of any further help with anything, please don't hesitate to do exactly that.
Thank you so much for the welcome and support. I really appreciate it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I have a 2018 Big Horn 1500 with 46K miles. Noticed that the screen is delaminating at the top edge between the time and temp readouts. Now my XM Radio / Terrestrial presets will randomly, and rapidly, change channels on its own. Screen is cleaned with a dense microfiber cloth meant for these screens. Obviously out of warranty at this point, however, it seems as if this is a known issue on these radios. My second RAM truck, but first with the UC 8.4 system. To say I'm disappointed is probably a shared sentiment...

What has been the best solution to this problem? Will RAM run these through a policy calculator and help with repairs? Will buying and installing a replacement screen resolve the issue?

Appreciate the input...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m having the same issue. I have a screen that is delaminating in my 2018 Ram, but has also been experiencing other issues. Last week the screen went blank for a few hours, but eventually came back the next day. It has also reset several times when I have been driving. I am now noticing h what others are describing as delaminating on the top of the screen and this morning it started to flash the clock option abs the WiFi option repeatedly. My truck has under 30k miles. Would repair be covered under warranty? I tried to message Ramcares but it told me I could not because I was a new user.

·
Registered
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4x4
164 Posts
I’m really not trying to make it sound like I’m whining or complaining but is there any way we can make it a sticky that if you’re experiencing this problem to go to your dealer first? No offense but all these new members keep coming in here virtually asking the same questions over and over and just to make it more helpful to them instead of waiting for somebody to answer the same question so many times over, go to that first because nine times out of 10, going to ram cares as your first step’s probably not gonna go get you anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
I tried to message Ramcares but it told me I could not because I was a new user.
Hi Scottfishel.
The private message feature (called "conversations" here on Ramforumz) should be enabled for you now, if you would care to try contacting Ramcares again.
Sorry for that inconvenience.
Welcome to the forum, btw. Reports of this delamination issue are continuing to accelerate, as this comment thread and others make clear, and as you mention, it's often not just an aesthetic issue - people are reporting it's affecting the functionality of their vehicles, sometimes seriously.
I would definitely contact ramcares. If they can help, they will.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I looked in other Dodge forums and found where several people living in the south (mainly FL) have a problem with the screen "bubbling" due to delamination. I was surprised not to find anything on this forum. I have a 2018 RAM 2500 Power Wagon. We're now done with winter here in FL, but I didn't notice it until about the end of Feb. It's very noticeable. If heat is the issue, I wonder why it didn't start until Feb, when it was still rather cool. Unless it was a matter of it being cool (45-55) in the mornings and warming into mid-70 or higher during the day, plus considering the humidity. I don't have my windows tinted.... yet.
When I clean my screen, I spray screen cleaner lightly on a rag and wipe the screen, the same as you would do a computer screen.
This seems to be a manufacturer defect. Has anyone else noticed this issue? Thanks!
I have a 2018 power Wagon same problem now my GPS also doesn’t work but it’s to the point my radio station just randomly changes channels

·
Registered
3 Posts
Local dealer said they will replace under warranty with a 3-5 day shipping time on a new unit. I'm still waiting from April 2019 about getting a new drag link after they booger welded mine in the recall, so we will see how this goes.
That was also the fixated on my 2018 power wagon they told me in the future if I had to get it aligned they would have to grind the weld off and re-weld it

·
Registered
164 Posts
I did talk to the dealer they told me $1600 for a new one
Did they not even get with the manufacturer? I mean, they [Ram] really aren’t required to if it’s outta warranty but if that other member got a new radio for free while outside of warranty, they could at least try.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
That was also the fixated on my 2018 power wagon they told me in the future if I had to get it aligned they would have to grind the weld off and re-weld it
Hi Joe
If you have not found it already, here's a longish comment thread that will tell you everything you need to know about getting your drag link fixed properly.
Bottom line is if you have the nuts welded to the adjustment sleeve, you are eligible for a brand new drag link and a full alignment at no cost to you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
There are some pretty good videos on youtube about replacing the screens and or removing the digitizer from the screen and scraping of the glue. IF it hasnt happened to your radio yet,you need do some research to prevent it because its coming. Im new here but thats my two cents. A Sticky sounds like its needed for this topic.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Hello everyone,

We're sorry to hear about your concerns. If you'd like us to look into this for you, feel free to send our team a private message with your VIN and any additional details that would be helpful for us to know.

@Scottfishel -- we were able to follow up with you privately. Please check your inbox!

Thanks,

Courtney
Ram Cares

·
Registered
15 Posts
2018 Ram 1500 Laramie LongHorn...delaminated Uconnect screen, ghosting & locking up etc. 6 months past the 36/36 factory warranty, 17,800 miles. Just got a new Uconnect system installed yesterday under warranty from Chrysler with assistance from RamCares. Had to get the RIGHT Service Advisor who knew all about Uconnect screen issues to get the ball rolling & I also contacted Chrysler & RamCares and sent colored pics. I can only assume they considered the low mileage a factor.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi @wagonmaster,

I regret to hear that you are experiencing this concern with your truck! If you wouldn't mind following up with me via PM, I would be happy to learn additional details to determine how to best assist you at this point.

Mark
RamCares
Hi Mark,

I have been having issues with my screen since my truck was new... Never got anywhere with the dealer. It has finally gone out completely. I need some help figuring out how to replace it.

Thanks,

Al

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Hi Mark,
I have been having issues with my screen since my truck was new... Never got anywhere with the dealer. It has finally gone out completely. I need some help figuring out how to replace it.
Thanks,
Al
The best way to contact ramcares is by private message (called conversations here on Ramforumz). They will ask for some information that's best not to have publicly displayed - like your VIN and a phone contact etc - so the secure private messaging system here is the way to go.
If you click on the ramcares name next to one of their comments, you'll go to the ramcares profile. There you will see a "start conversation" option. Click on that to send them a private message.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So far, it hasn't interfered with touch screen.
View attachment 132399
We traded our 2017 for a 2018 on Friday without a test drive. Within a mile of the dealership, I noticed this issue and the screen was going crazy with false touches. It was changing the radio, hopping the climate control changing that, hopping to making an SOS call (thankfully no connection), etc. Needless to say, we went straight back to the dealership!

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Hi Mark,

Thanks,

Al

Hello @Al Newman,

We're sorry to hear about your Infotainment concerns and are more than willing to review this matter on your behalf. Please send us a private message with your VIN as well as any relevant details regarding your touch screen concerns. We hope to hear from you soon!

Hannah
Ram Cares

·
Registered
3 Posts
Was on a cross country road trip with an rv and my delamination finally became an issue. couldn't turn the screen off. kept changing channels on me, and kept "dinging" like 4 times a second for an entire day. Me and my wife almost lost our minds. I called my local dealer and they said past 36k miles i'm on my own and have to pay out of pocket. This can't be true as this is a major safety issue. Can't turn it off, can turn the volume down, but the dinging keeps going, can't control the screen at all. We got a video of it and dealt with this for like 8 hours driving all day. Is there a recall on this yet or is ram going to do something because my local dealer told me to shove it basically? IMO this is a safety issue when it gets as bad as mine as you can't control the screen. At one point my wife put the climate control on it and it started changing our settings.

We could turn the volume off, but the dinging like the screen was being touched happened ALL DAY to the point we had a headaches. To say i'm living my dealer wont' do anything is an understatement...

·
Registered
164 Posts
Was on a cross country road trip with an rv and my delamination finally became an issue. couldn't turn the screen off. kept changing channels on me, and kept "dinging" like 4 times a second for an entire day. Me and my wife almost lost our minds. I called my local dealer and they said past 36k miles i'm on my own and have to pay out of pocket. This can't be true as this is a major safety issue. Can't turn it off, can turn the volume down, but the dinging keeps going, can't control the screen at all. We got a video of it and dealt with this for like 8 hours driving all day. Is there a recall on this yet or is ram going to do something because my local dealer told me to shove it basically? IMO this is a safety issue when it gets as bad as mine as you can't control the screen. At one point my wife put the climate control on it and it started changing our settings.

We could turn the volume off, but the dinging like the screen was being touched happened ALL DAY to the point we had a headaches. To say i'm living my dealer wont' do anything is an understatement...
Try a different dealer because if Ram Trucks decides to help you even though you are outside of warranty, it’s not your dealer who’s going to be paying for it so for them to just basically tell you you’re screwed is just sheer laziness on their part. I don’t want to get your hopes up but being that you’re outside of warranty, they probably just assumed Ram would say no so they didn’t even bother to try. I don’t like telling you this because unfortunately out of warranty means out if warranty but since this is a big issue, there was a member here who actually got his radio replaced free of charge even though he only had like 17, 18,000 miles and was past the three years. How his dealer was able to swing that is beyond me but who knows, that could’ve been chalked up to having less than 20k miles on a truck that’s over three years old.

441 - 460 of 521 Posts