DODGE RAM FORUM banner
521 - 540 of 561 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Same here in NY- 2018 Rebel with 79K started with the radio stations changing then the clock settings and on a recent road trip from Maine {wasn't hot there} just bounced from screen to screen. radio was unusable as was navigation. Might just buy new screen and change it myself

·
Registered
3 Posts
Same issue! 2018 Ram Laramie, 8.4 UConnect screen. Bought truck used from Frisco DCJR and suddenly a whole lot has become very clear! When I first test drove truck, screen was fine, then suddenly I start getting email the price is dropping like a rock, finally reaches the price I’m looking for so I buy it. During the closing portion dealer was pushing extended warranty HARD!!!!! When I finish paperwork and get in truck, I notice a bubble all the way across top of screen…..but everything worked still. Fast forward two months later and 5k more miles on top of the 93k it already had and I have all the issues of the delaminated screen including the ghost button pushes. And I didn’t buy the extended warranty because they are a waste of money and the dealer ALWAYS finds a way to wiggle out of covering anything under that extended warranty. So now I know, dealer was wanting to get this truck SOLD before they were stuck fixing the KNOWN screen issue just to sell the truck! And I’m stuck with an expensive repair.

·
Registered
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4x4
176 Posts
Same issue! 2018 Ram Laramie, 8.4 UConnect screen. Bought truck used from Frisco DCJR and suddenly a whole lot has become very clear! When I first test drove truck, screen was fine, then suddenly I start getting email the price is dropping like a rock, finally reaches the price I’m looking for so I buy it. During the closing portion dealer was pushing extended warranty HARD!!!!! When I finish paperwork and get in truck, I notice a bubble all the way across top of screen…..but everything worked still. Fast forward two months later and 5k more miles on top of the 93k it already had and I have all the issues of the delaminated screen including the ghost button pushes. And I didn’t buy the extended warranty because they are a waste of money and the dealer ALWAYS finds a way to wiggle out of covering anything under that extended warranty. So now I know, dealer was wanting to get this truck SOLD before they were stuck fixing the KNOWN screen issue just to sell the truck! And I’m stuck with an expensive repair.
Wow, if you noticed the bubbling on the day of signing, I woulda said hey, this ain’t right and made them replace it before I drove it away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wow, if you noticed the bubbling on the day of signing, I woulda said hey, this ain’t right and made them replace it before I drove it away.

Truthfully didn’t even think of that…..figured I was buying used with 93k miles, you’re just going to have to deal with some little niggles. Didn’t realize it was going to devolve into this.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Truthfully didn’t even think of that. Just figured I was buying used with 93k miles, have to deal with some cosmetic issues. I mean the spray in bed liner is chipped in a couple places, some scratches in the paint…..just cosmetics. Didn’t realize it was going to devolve into this.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Same here in NY- 2018 Rebel with 79K started with the radio stations changing then the clock settings and on a recent road trip from Maine {wasn't hot there} just bounced from screen to screen. radio was unusable as was navigation. Might just buy new screen and change it myself
finally took the radio apart cleaned all the glue from LCD monitor and the touch screen- not fun. Used double sided gorilla tape between monitor and touch screen ,no more ghost touching but a good part of the screen is dead.I scratched some of the paint off when cleaning the back side of the touch screen, probably the problem with unresponsive areas. Going to buy replacement screen from amazon or ebay. Has anyone here bought one of these? Prices range from $45- $170.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Has anyone heard from @ramcares on this? I messaged them a month ago and they have gone silent. Haven't seen them too active on the thread either recently. Has anyone heard from them recently? I'm guessing Ram has told them to squash it cause these radios are junk

·
Registered
176 Posts
Has anyone heard from @ramcares on this? I messaged them a month ago and they have gone silent. Haven't seen them too active on the thread either recently. Has anyone heard from them recently? I'm guessing Ram has told them to squash it cause these radios are junk
Have you gone to a dealer yet? I guess some people have had luck dealing with Uconnect or Ram Cares first but irregardless, I think I’d go to the dealer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2018 Dodge Ram 2500....delaminatin started this summer..wasn't pretty, but radio worked. This fall radio started the ghost touches routine and pretty much is unusable now. Just got call from dealer....$1158 to replace the radio...10K over warranty miles....go figure.

Wonder if their is another (BETTER) radio I can put in vs putting in a known POS???

·
Registered
2 Posts
Why is everyone busting on FCA about warranty? Most aftermarket radios are 1 year.
Well, to offer, I've had said radios last ten years, and to send out a factory only stereo, that cannot enable seat heaters, steering wheel heaters, shift points, ( computer controlled shift, steering, and engine advancement) because their UV glue didn't set up properly, this isn't a consumer issue, this actually leans legally towards the chassis computer, and engine computers. With the ability to control the other common features, so said parts yes would be foolish to just lump a modular extension of the vehicular controls as just an "radio", towards a replacement "aftermarket radio".

·
Registered
2 Posts
2018 Dodge Ram 2500....delaminatin started this summer..wasn't pretty, but radio worked. This fall radio started the ghost touches routine and pretty much is unusable now. Just got call from dealer....$1158 to replace the radio...10K over warranty miles....go figure.

Wonder if their is another (BETTER) radio I can put in vs putting in a known POS???
Does your u-connect control shift or steering sensitivity, does it control the seat heater, steering heater, and does it allow control of all heater controls, vs. limited control of heaters, as should be noted on the push buttons available on the dash, and can you turn off traction control on the dash or is it in the display. people, this should be argued it is an extension of the main computer for the car, NOT A RADIO/STEREO. FCA will not see it as an issue unless people threaten to take action for the full features of the display. if the main computer wouldn't shift right from the dash display interfering with the controls, I bet they would jump all over it. the unit in question is a computer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Have you gone to a dealer yet? I guess some people have had luck dealing with Uconnect or Ram Cares first but irregardless, I think I’d go to the dealer.

I did, they told me $1100 out the door for a new one. No warranty or info from Ram on the issue. And i have to turn in my old one as a core and they have to be the ones to remove and install. Just ready to go aftermarket at this point

·
Registered
2 Posts
Having the same issue in my 2018 2500 as well. Screen jumps around from screen to screen without being pushed. My extended warranty company has not returned any calls. Hoping I can get some assistance here.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Having the same issue in my 2018 2500 as well. Screen jumps around from screen to screen without being pushed. My extended warranty company has not returned any calls. Hoping I can get some assistance here.
What kind of extended warranty do you have? But not a single soul is answering the phone when you call up their 800 number? That’s odd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same problem with my radio LCD delaminating too on my 2018 RAM 1500. I can't use it at all because the screen jumps around too. The most common is the clock and radio changing back to channel 1 among other things. The worst is when I connect my phone. It keeps on dialing the last person on my recent call list.

·
Registered
4 Posts
finally took the radio apart cleaned all the glue from LCD monitor and the touch screen- not fun. Used double sided gorilla tape between monitor and touch screen ,no more ghost touching but a good part of the screen is dead.I scratched some of the paint off when cleaning the back side of the touch screen, probably the problem with unresponsive areas. Going to buy replacement screen from amazon or ebay. Has anyone here bought one of these? Prices range from $45- $170.
Bought a $50 screen and all is well with the Rebel now- what a pain in the ass

·
Registered
176 Posts
Saved yourself a butt load of money though… Lol.

I didn’t think it would be too hard because there’s a specific video on YouTube that has a guy that goes pretty far in depth on explaining how to do it and I guess he made it look pretty easy. But just out of curiosity, where did you buy your screen at just for future reference for everybody else that might need one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bought a $50 screen and all is well with the Rebel now- what a pain in the ass
can you share the link of which one you bought? I saw a few options in ebay. I might teardown my radio to see the model number of the screen. Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Bought it off ebay from dreamcity1876. I watched a few videos but never actually saw anyone remove the glue from the screens.Had to use hair dryer to heat up screen / glue and a piece of fishing line to seperate the 2 screens.I used an old credit card a microfiber towel and goof off. Tried rubbing alcohol and paper towels like videos said but that got me nowhere. I scratched some paint off the back edges of the touch screen by accident which I think caused 'dead' spots when I put it back in. Probably could've reused it had I been more careful. Dont think there is a # on touch screen just bought the one for 2018 Ram.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bought it off ebay from dreamcity1876. I watched a few videos but never actually saw anyone remove the glue from the screens.Had to use hair dryer to heat up screen / glue and a piece of fishing line to seperate the 2 screens.I used an old credit card a microfiber towel and goof off. Tried rubbing alcohol and paper towels like videos said but that got me nowhere. I scratched some paint off the back edges of the touch screen by accident which I think caused 'dead' spots when I put it back in. Probably could've reused it had I been more careful. Dont think there is a # on touch screen just bought the one for 2018 Ram.
Thank you!

521 - 540 of 561 Posts