DODGE RAM FORUM banner
561 - 580 of 607 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2018 ram 1500 Rebel! I have the same issue with the delamination! I have taken it to the dealership 4 times over the last year about this issue. I have called RAM CARE AND UCONNECT several times about it also. The response I get from them is that it is a known issue and if you pay to have it fixed save your receipt in case of a recall but since you are not the original owner we can not help you! What a load of BS! I bought the truck a little over a year ago and it started this within just 5 months of me having it! I bought the truck from the dealership. When it first started it was still under warranty but because I am not original owner they won't help me! Thats loyalty right there! This is my 3rd RAM and this is the thanks I get for buying their vehicles. Now I have to pay 1600 bucks or fix myself. Iam truly disheartened by the care they have shown me and apparently from thus forum and Facebook pages, a whole lot of other owners! Seems like they would take care of the people that show their brand if vehicles a little more respect and help.
Hey,
The same thing happened to me, my truck was out of warranty and I am the second owner to have the truck. I have done some research and can only find the digitizer portion of the screen but I need to find the exact part number before ordering, I have a 2018 2500. I’m gonna take mine apart down to the screen and hopefully I can find the part number there to order it. Let me know if you find anything different, this is what I have so far;

Josh

·
Registered
2018 Ram 1500 Sport
6 Posts
I looked in other Dodge forums and found where several people living in the south (mainly FL) have a problem with the screen "bubbling" due to delamination. I was surprised not to find anything on this forum. I have a 2018 RAM 2500 Power Wagon. We're now done with winter here in FL, but I didn't notice it until about the end of Feb. It's very noticeable. If heat is the issue, I wonder why it didn't start until Feb, when it was still rather cool. Unless it was a matter of it being cool (45-55) in the mornings and warming into mid-70 or higher during the day, plus considering the humidity. I don't have my windows tinted.... yet.
When I clean my screen, I spray screen cleaner lightly on a rag and wipe the screen, the same as you would do a computer screen.
This seems to be a manufacturer defect. Has anyone else noticed this issue? Thanks!
I don’t think it has anything to do with environment. My screen began to delaminate at about 30k miles. Soon after, the system would lock up. I wasn’t able to adjust volume, station, climate control, and wasn’t able to reset. Only ‘cure’ was to shut the car off. Soon after that, a window would pop up asking if I want to set the time. No matter what I pressed, the window would appear again. Now the system displays different windows like it’s possessed. I reached out to RamCares. They told me to get it diagnosed at the dealer. Dealer told me that me iPhone was the issue and to delete from the system. He made it sound like this was a new issue with Ram owners. Anyway, I reached to RamCares with my results, and haven’t heard from them since.

·
Registered
Ram 1500 4x4 Crew Cab 5'7" bed
213 Posts
I don’t think it has anything to do with environment. My screen began to delaminate at about 30k miles. Soon after, the system would lock up. I wasn’t able to adjust volume, station, climate control, and wasn’t able to reset. Only ‘cure’ was to shut the car off. Soon after that, a window would pop up asking if I want to set the time. No matter what I pressed, the window would appear again. Now the system displays different windows like it’s possessed. I reached out to RamCares. They told me to get it diagnosed at the dealer. Dealer told me that me iPhone was the issue and to delete from the system. He made it sound like this was a new issue with Ram owners. Anyway, I reached to RamCares with my results, and haven’t heard from them since.
Unless my dealer lied to me when they said what the cause was, they told me that it was the glue that the factory used to adhere the digitizer onto the screen itself that was indeed not very resilient to heat which is what’s causing this and if your dealer told you it was because of your iPhone then well, they’re full of crap which means you probably ought to go to another dealer but if that doesn’t work and if they’re just flat out not gonna help you, there’s new screens that you can buy online and there’s pretty informative YouTube videos that will show you how to take your radio apart and replace your screen yourself if nothing else will work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2018 Ram 1500 Sport
6 Posts
Unless my dealer lied to me when they said what the cause was, they told me that it was the glue that the factory used to adhere the digitizer onto the screen itself that was indeed not very resilient to heat which is what’s causing this and if your dealer told you it was because of your iPhone then well, they’re full of crap which means you probably ought to go to another dealer but if that doesn’t work and if they’re just flat out not gonna help you, there’s new screens that you can buy online and there’s pretty informative YouTube videos that will show you how to take your radio apart and replace your screen yourself if nothing else will work.

He didn’t give me a reason for the delaminating, just the multiple windows popping up. He said it was because my phone is not recognized by UConnect. I can’t believe the most popular phone in the world isn’t recognized by a major manufacturers infotainment system. Sucks because I love Ram. Stuff like this hardly happens with Japanese trucks, and when it does, they issue service bulletins and recalls to fix them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Purchased two 2018 RAM 2500s in Northern California, both trucks have this screen delamination problem starting around 40k miles/late 2020. One was replaced under the extended warranty. The other will cost over $1,000 to replace. Seems with the high number of failures, RAM should step up and recall or at least cover some of the cost. We've purchased a lot of RAM/Dodge trucks over the past 2 decades and this is the first time I feel like RAM is letting me down. Anyone had any luck with aftermarket systems?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Purchased two 2018 RAM 2500s in Northern California, both trucks have this screen delamination problem starting around 40k miles/late 2020. One was replaced under the extended warranty. The other will cost over $1,000 to replace. Seems with the high number of failures, RAM should step up and recall or at least cover some of the cost. We've purchased a lot of RAM/Dodge trucks over the past 2 decades and this is the first time I feel like RAM is letting me down. Anyone had any luck with aftermarket systems?
Yeah, it definitely does suck that obviously Uconnect, Panasonic or whoever it was that Ram Trucks had to make these radios dropped the ball big time on that glue that adheres the digitizer onto the screen but as much as I hate to sound like the bad guy on this, out of warranty does mean out of warranty but still, they could offer to help somehow being that this is affecting a lot of customers. At least on the faulty fuel tank straps, they extended the warranty on it but then again, this is a piece of electronics equipment that's over a grand in price so I can kind of understand them not wanting to fork out tens of thousands of dollars replacing radios. But, there is that little part about the ghost-pressing making the screen do all sorts of weird stuff causing a major distraction so there is that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Purchased a 2018 Ram Sport In June 2020, delimitation now starting on my screen. Constant "do you want to adjust your clock setting" error popping up. Have reset software 3 times this month to no avail. Clearly an issue, which from reading on here sounds like it may be the glue starting to drip into the system. Any suggestions would be great. Aftermarket solutions? Will Dodge open a case for me?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello Allison,
I am reading through the multiple threads on the radio screen delaminating, which I am experiencing.
Mine started doing it at 38K, and when I took into dealer they said I had to pay to have it fixed so I did not pursue it.
I am located in Michigan so heat isn't the main factor.
Let me know if there is something you can do to help fix my radio because it is a piece of SHIT. I only have 45K miles now.
I cannot send a PM.
I will attach my VIN and radio.
Cory Powell [email protected]
Hey Allison, could it be the heat from running the heater? I've noticed mine started about a month ago when I was running the heater a lot. Richmond VA. Just a thought.

·
Registered
2018 Ram 1500 Harvest
3 Posts
I have the same delamination problem on my 2018 1500. I thought it was just a protective cover peeling and figured I'd leave it there until it got so bad I had to peel it off. Then after warranty expired i discovered that it's actually the screen. Again I figured I could live with it. Now I'm experiencing intermittent "ghost touching" and it's driving me crazy!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi!

I just opened a case for you. Please check your PMs when you have a chance.

Alison
RamCares
I have the same problem with screen delaminating. I have a 2018 Ram 1500 with 58K miles on it. Has anyone had any luck with Ram Cares? Truck has had tons of problems from day one which I bought new. Had to put in new gas tank, and head gasket already and it’s not even 4 years old.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone,

We're sorry to hear that some of you have recently noticed signs of delamination in your Uconnect touchscreens. If anyone would like us to look into additional support alongside your dealership visits, please feel free to let us know! We can certainly look into it for you.

Courtney
Ram Cares
Having issues with screen delamination and phantom touches on the uconnect screen on my 2018 ram. It wont let me msg you due to being new. please help!

·
Registered
2018 Ram 1500 Harvest
3 Posts
I got a new screen from Amazon and replaced mine about a week ago. It was super easy and alot cheaper than replacing the whole radio. I had zero luck with Ram Care or anybody trying to get it covered. Good luck
Thanks for the tip. I just ordered one from Amazon. It should be here tomorrow. I sure hope it will save me a trip to the dealer's service department.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2018 ram 2500 that is also having the screen delamination problem. Is this something that Ram is standing behind or is this going to expensive fix. Yes it out of warranty. I have looked online and just not to comfortable buying from Ebay. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
213 Posts
I have a 2018 ram 2500 that is also having the screen delamination problem. Is this something that Ram is standing behind or is this going to expensive fix. Yes it out of warranty. I have looked online and just not to comfortable buying from Ebay. Any suggestions?
No, Ram is not standing behind this at this point so your only option is to pay for it yourself or to do like several of the other people have done and replace this part of your radio yourself.

·
Registered
8 Posts
No, Ram is not standing behind this at this point so your only option is to pay for it yourself or to do like several of the other people have done and replace this part of your radio yourself.

I bought my replacement screen from Amazon and it works great. It was o ly 647 dollars total and that was paying for the shipping

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought my replacement screen from Amazon and it works great. It was o ly 647 dollars total and that was paying for the shipping
What is the part number of what you purchased? I have seen the digitizer for sale, but also read that a lot of people have cracked the LCD screen trying to replace that.

I have a 2018 Ram 1500 (41k miles) so out of warranty, that has been nothing but trouble and the screen just started acting up about a week ago. It randomly calls people while driving or hangs up on people. Also keeps navigating to places, changing the Radio station. This is such a safety hazard Dodge needs to recall these and replace them.

Thanks
David

561 - 580 of 607 Posts