DODGE RAM FORUM banner
601 - 607 of 607 Posts

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
I’m having the same issues. ‘18 2500 6.7l with 68,000 miles.
Hello Dmbowers,

We have followed up with you in a PM.

William
Ram Cares

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Hello,
Like many before me, I'm experiencing this same issue.... why isn't there a recall for this?
2019 big horn with 36k.
Sincerely_Gus,

If you wish to discuss this further, please send us a PM with your VIN, we'd be happy to look into this further for you.

William
Ram Cares

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2018 (54K miles) with the same delamination as everyone else.
My 4C unit also frequently reboots and freezes to the point it is a serious safety issue. Having the backup camera freeze with a picture on the screen makes you believe there is nothing behind you.
Others with this issue, did replacing the screen solve the constant reboots?
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
I have a 2018 (54K miles) with the same delamination as everyone else.
My 4C unit also frequently reboots and freezes to the point it is a serious safety issue. Having the backup camera freeze with a picture on the screen makes you believe there is nothing behind you.
Others with this issue, did replacing the screen solve the constant reboots?
Thanks.
Hello lbaltz,

We just followed up with you in a PM.

William
Ram Cares

·
Registered
2 Posts
Don't waste your time with RAM cares. Here's their response to my inquiry as well as my reply.

FROM RAM CARES:

Ilbaltz,

Thank you for getting back with us with your information. The rebooting and camera issue might be due to the software not being updated. The delaminating issue can cause a ghost touch to your screen. If you can provide us with your Uconnect software information, we can see if your vehicle is up to date with the software level.

Put your vehicle into the ON or ACC position and perform the following--

Go to “Vehicle Settings” then select “ System
Information” and look for “Version Information”

For the delaminating issue, Since there are no active recalls in regard to touchscreens at the moment, this would be something that would be handled accordingly under the applicable warranty. Given that you're outside of the manufacturer's warranty and not the original owner of the vehicle, sadly we're unable to offer financial assistance. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We'd recommend working with your local dealer in order to have your concerns diagnosed and repairs performed. If you do decide to proceed with getting your Uconnect touchscreen fixed, you can certainly hold onto your receipts/repair orders. In the case that this become a recalled item in the future, you are more than welcome to reach out to our team in regard to cost assistance, at that time.

William
Ram Cares

My reply:

Thanks/no thanks for the form letter reply, though it is exactly what I expected.

The software is up to date.
At this point, the fact that RAM/FCA has elected to ignore the obvious issue thousands of customers have experienced is embarrassing for your company.
I have owned several Dodge/RAM trucks, and I'm quite happy with this one other than the expensive to fix UConnect issue. FCA has decided to screw their customers and deny this issue is a manufacturer's defect.
Despite it being a lousy time to purchase a truck I am actively looking for a replacement for this vehicle, and I can assure you I will never own another FCA vehicle.
I would suggest RAM rename your department to "RAM Doesn't care". If the company DID care they wouldn't be leaving so many people holding the bag for their defective products.

601 - 607 of 607 Posts