DODGE RAM FORUM banner

161 - 180 of 187 Posts

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
My 2018 Ram1500 started delaminating. The clock and other buttons near the top are going nuts thinking it is being pushed. I saw this before warranty was up but just recently started being a problem at 39k miles. Crazy expensive to replace out of warranty for a problem that seems very common and should have a recall on it. Very disappointed.
We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
RamCares

·
Registered
4 Posts
So far, it hasn't interfered with touch screen.
View attachment 132399
It will! Eventually where the screen is peeling, it thinks someone touched the screen. Infuriating to have the radio constantly changing channels!

I just came from my dealer and though this is obviously a manufacturer's defect - and NOT just cosmetic I am very angry to find it is only covered under the base warranty (3 years 36K miles). The dealer offered to split the cost to replace it. Our half would be $426! To replace a defective item. 😠😡

If you are having this problem get it into the dealer before 36K!!! Mileage of course having nothing to do with the problem - it isn't a wear item.

·
Registered
4 Posts
@Soundman, RAM put me in contact with a local (SWFL) dealer, and they are aware of the issue. I'm going in tomorrow to initiate the warrenty repair.
I talked to the dealer and was told my delamination issues wont be covered because i have 53400 miles on my truck. The delamination is causing constant false inputs on the screen which causes constant beeping and changes to whatever screen is on, ie climate control, radio settings, phone... I cant even turn off the screen to stop the false inputs.

SAME!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
RamCares has contacted me opened a case. Hopefully they will do the right thing and cover the repair. My truck is just barely out of warranty and is in immaculate condition and I have been happy with the truck otherwise. I will let you know what they do about it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I looked in other Dodge forums and found where several people living in the south (mainly FL) have a problem with the screen "bubbling" due to delamination. I was surprised not to find anything on this forum. I have a 2018 RAM 2500 Power Wagon. We're now done with winter here in FL, but I didn't notice it until about the end of Feb. It's very noticeable. If heat is the issue, I wonder why it didn't start until Feb, when it was still rather cool. Unless it was a matter of it being cool (45-55) in the mornings and warming into mid-70 or higher during the day, plus considering the humidity. I don't have my windows tinted.... yet.
When I clean my screen, I spray screen cleaner lightly on a rag and wipe the screen, the same as you would do a computer screen.
This seems to be a manufacturer defect. Has anyone else noticed this issue? Thanks!
Absolutely, same exact thing in my 2018 dodge charger I just bought. In texas of course. Happened just before the warranty expires. Hope they corrected this issue and installing with one that wont do this again next summer

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having the same issue with the screen melting/bubbling, it started months ago but it has gotten worse since then. 2018 Dodge Ram 1500. The radio would at times switch from Bluetooth to XM or to FM, I thought it was my phone, I got a new phone and it is still doing it. It has since gotten worse, I cant listen to the radio, I believe the bubbling is causing an issue to where the screen believes I am touching it, if I aim the vent in the direction of the radio, it will do it more, I believe condensation builds up and it starts touching areas of the screen and it has also called contacts on my phone when connected. It is a POS radio and needs to be fixed. Anyone want to join a Class Action against this? Let me know.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Reading all of these comments. I can not believe that this has not been issued as a recall as it is CLEARLY a manufacturing defect. My truck started to bubble at the top but i thought nothing of it. We love in south texas so figured it may have been the heat. I noticed it around 30k miles but was never able to take it into the dealer with work. It got worse and started with the “set clock” popping up every so often. This was at 39k miles. It was annoying but not too bad. I called the dealership and the service lady knew exactly what i was talking about and said its been seen in alot of 2018 models. She told me $1300 to fix! Thats crazy! My truck is a 2018 2500 megacab larime and is too new and too expensive of a truck to be having these types of problems. Im now at 49k miles and my screen switches from radio to blue tooth and turns off/on my heated seats and other things. It cant stay on one single screen and jumps like crazy from the delamination. You would think that ram would take responsibility and issue a recall or help pay the cost to replace the screens. $1300 is absurd

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
2018 Power Wagon with 23k... Noticed a small bubble about a month ago...suddenly its twice as big.
Please do not hesitate to send us a private message if you are planning to address this with your Ram dealer. We are more than willing to escalate a case for further support.

Mark
RamCares

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi @wagonmaster,

I regret to hear that you are experiencing this concern with your truck! If you wouldn't mind following up with me via PM, I would be happy to learn additional details to determine how to best assist you at this point.

Mark
RamCares
Hi Ram Cares. I just PMed you about the same issue.

·
Registered
2018 Ram 1500 Cummins Delmonico Red
34 Posts
So I need another new screen. The replacement had a bad USB. Now it has been 3 weeks and no replacement for the replacement. What is the deal?

·
Registered
3 Posts
So I need another new screen. The replacement had a bad USB. Now it has been 3 weeks and no replacement for the replacement. What is the deal?
Has anyone had a positive resolution to this issue? Mine is doing the same thing. I live in South Carolina.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My 2018 1500 started this several months ago. My truck now has 30,000 miles on it. I called the dealer about it and they acted like I had done something to damage it. Good to know it's not something I did but disheartening to hear it is a known problem. Guess I need to call the dealer and press the issue while it's still under warranty. Has anyone had success getting theirs replaced?

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
My 2018 1500 started this several months ago. My truck now has 30,000 miles on it. I called the dealer about it and they acted like I had done something to damage it. Good to know it's not something I did but disheartening to hear it is a known problem. Guess I need to call the dealer and press the issue while it's still under warranty. Has anyone had success getting theirs replaced?
We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
RamCares

·
Registered
3 Posts

Alison
RamCares

Alison
RamCares
Thank you. I will contact the dealer first and let you know if I need your assistance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same issue with my 2018 Ram 1500 with 34k miles. Screen started to delaminate in the top corners about 6 weeks ago and it got progressively worse. Start with the “do you want to adjust the clock” and went on to constantly changing radio stations. I have it at the dealership now and they have advised that the radio is on back order. It is being covered under the warranty.

161 - 180 of 187 Posts