DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife is so quick to adjust the air temp on her side and then later I need to sync the two sides back together when it's just me. The only way I know to do that is from the uconnect system. Click the AC controls screen and hold the Sync icon. Just wanted to check is there another possible way to do that with either voice control or holding one of the actual buttons?

My previous car had Voice control and a similar system like Uconnect but if you wanted to sync the Dual AC up you could just skip the Menus and just hold down the Auto button for a couple secs and it would bring the dual system back in sync.

Thanks guys!

2015 Ram 1500 Laramie

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe one of the mods can move this to the 2015 forum. Not sure how I managed to post it in the 2016's. Doh!

·
Registered
806 Posts
I use voice control no problem.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It can be done on your dash when you click on the Climate Icon.
Yeah I was just curious if there was a quicker way. I'm usually on the Radio controls and need to select the Climate controls and wait a brief second for that screen to load and then tap the Sync button. No way you can do all that without significantly glancing away from the road. Something I'd rather not do if there's a simply button on the dash I can just hold for 3 secs or something like my previous car (Which also had its own Climate screen).

I know it seems like accessing the climate screen shouldn't take but a second but when you end up having to do it a lot more than you want and you have to look down and touch one location on the screen, then wait a moment and touch another specific location the screen. Just hoping for a quick touch and hold solution instead.

FWIW I did a google search on this and nothing much comes up so it's likely Dodge didn't implement a quick way. Thank GOD they didn't make the fan speed & Temp touch screen only too.

thx.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I use voice control no problem.

But is there a way to sync it back? Or once the wife has changed her side you now have to say. "Set Driver Temp 72" "Set Passenger Temp 72"?

I tried saying things like "Sync Climate Control". to no avail

·
Registered
806 Posts
I see what you mean. I just say all temps to what ever you want.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I see what you mean. I just say all temps to what ever you want.

Thanks!. I gave that a try this morning. Pro's and Con's to that method though. ;) I would say "Set Both 72 degrees". She would respond that she's setting both Driver and Passenger to 72 degrees. Then a few times she would say "Setting XM Radio to channel 723" Aghh.

Also this doesn't sync the two either. If after saying Set All or Both to whatever. and you later decide to reach over and tap the Temp Up or own a degree. It only changes the one side.

So I guess pretty much Dodge didn't implement a quick Hold and release to sync it. Gotta do the Triple tap. "Climate, Sync, Then back to whatever screen you were on. aka Media".

:smiledown:

·
Registered
806 Posts
I don't usually use the screen to change temps. I find it much easier to use voice commands. That way I don't leave my current screen, which I usually keep on nav. and I don't take my eyes off the road.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts