DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased the UConnect module and iPod interface from Steve White Motors (also cab light kit and Mopar wheel flares) and they have been great. I still, however, cannot get the iPod interface to work. My local dealer did the flash and has seen the truck twice to get it to work.....NG. The UConnect works fine but no iPod. The part for the iPod cable is 82212000 and the internet seems to back this up. My local dealer has told me as of yesterday that the factory tech support (Star Tech?) says the cable is wrong and I should be using part number 82212160. Steve White Motors has been great about swapping out the part and I am waiting for delivery. All involved have our doubts though.
I am curious if anyone has their own tale to tell about adding the iPod interface.

·
Registered
801 Posts
first thing we need to know is what the PN of the kit and also the Uconnect module. I am expecting that they installed a 2011 module and are trying to use the 2010 cable. If this is true, then yes you will need the 82212160 cable. That is the 2011 cable. If you can take a picture od the module, which is probably mounted to the dash structure below the glovebox. This would help to verify that this is the right thoughts.
One reason why I am led to believe that they used the 2011 module, is because you mentioned that they performed the update. There was not an update available for the 2010.

Purchased the UConnect module and iPod interface from Steve White Motors (also cab light kit and Mopar wheel flares) and they have been great. I still, however, cannot get the iPod interface to work. My local dealer did the flash and has seen the truck twice to get it to work.....NG. The UConnect works fine but no iPod. The part for the iPod cable is 82212000 and the internet seems to back this up. My local dealer has told me as of yesterday that the factory tech support (Star Tech?) says the cable is wrong and I should be using part number 82212160. Steve White Motors has been great about swapping out the part and I am waiting for delivery. All involved have our doubts though.
I am curious if anyone has their own tale to tell about adding the iPod interface.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts