DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I have my iphone plugged in to charge in one of the USB ports and am simply listening to the radio, any activity on my phone will cause the radio to switch to "media" mode and lock up. No sound, cannot adjust the volume. It did this to me this morning while driving to work while I was stopped at a red light and writing an email. Normally I can go on the media page and hit the play/pause button two times and then it will unlock or worst case I can pull the plug out of the phone and it will unlock but not today. I could switch screens and everything, but my volume was locked and couldn't get any sound out of the radio. This is frustrating. The radio is up to date on software as I have checked.

Any ideas or help?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
On another forum, someone suggested that I made sure the lightning cable was MFi certified. Although my cable appeared to be an apple cable, I purchased a new one on my lunch break and it seems to have taken care of the issue. The radio was still trying to switch on the YouTube app but once I turned off the "auto preview" setting it worked just fine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts