DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For whatever reason when I stream music from my phone it has been getting very choppy. Not even that bad but to the point where it will chop every 10 seconds which in my opinion is more annoying then when it fails to connect 50 times. I stream from an iphone and for what ever reason it use to run great now its losing its connection alot.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Mine does the same if the screen is lit at all. If you press the lock button and don't touch your phone it should work fine. Well atleast that works for me

·
Premium Member
32,782 Posts
We may need a bit more info
what are the 3 letters on the face of your Media Center radio, lower right corner
which iPhone are you using

I could use this info to better answer the question

There is a member that is excellent at answering this type question with Apple products & our Rams, possibly he will see this post, but he may need to know the same things

His sign in name is something like *XBDS

·
Registered
801 Posts
Hello GTyankee,
Lets see if we can help these members. If the radio is one of the following "REQ, RES, RHB, or RBZ" then you can do 1 of 2 things. Either you can go to the dealer and have TSB # 08-036-11 rev A performed or you can download the file that I am providing here (below) and follow the provided instructions and perform the same update that would be done at the dealer.

http://www.mediafire.com/?qzfm7w2voa50f4m

Download it to a thumb drive that has no other files on it. If you have files on it, please delete them and format the drive (to FAT32) just to make sure that it is completely clean.
Turn the radio on, Place the thumb drive in the center console USB connector (on vehicles with the dealer installed unit, it should be in the glove box), press and hold the Uconnect button for about 12 - 15 seconds, you should here "update started". This process should take about 15 - 20 minutes, there will be some beeps during the process. Please listen during the update for any error message that may be said by Uconnect. When the update is completed, the radio screen will go back to a radio display. Now plug in your iPhone or iPod and let it be read by Uconnect, does it start playing after being read? Let us know how this works out for you.

If you have the 730 or the 730N radios, then there is an Apple update for them at:
https://qna.extra.chrysler.com/rhb/rhbRadioSoftwareUpdateRequest.do

I know there are other locations also, just don't have them right at hand.

what are the 3 letters on the face of your Media Center radio, lower right corner

There is a member that is excellent at answering this type question with Apple products & our Rams, possibly he will see this post, but he may need to know the same things

·
Registered
307 Posts
xsdbs is definitely the resident expert on uconnect issues. His help fixed my issue with syncing my ipod touch 4 with my RES 130 radio.

Darin

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

The three letters are "RHR" and im using the iphone 4 not the 4s

·
Registered
801 Posts
Thanks Darin,
I don't claim to be an "expert" but always willing to learn and also willing to share what I've learned. Glad we got you taken care of. :smileup:

xsdbs is definitely the resident expert on uconnect issues. His help fixed my issue with syncing my ipod touch 4 with my RES 130 radio.

Darin

·
Premium Member
32,782 Posts
A point of CAUTION:

When you decide to do the software upgrade on any of the Chrysler Media Center radios,
There will be a cautionary note, it reads DO NOT INTERRUPT THE DOWNLOAD, take as written in stone, it will lock up your radio & you will have to go to your dealership or figure out how to fix it yourself.
I am speaking from experience, i was d/l my RER 730N upgrade disc, & my Ram was sitting in my driveway, busy street with lots of foot traffic, i had to step inside the home & didn't want to leave my key in the ignition. I shut off the ignition & went inside. i came back out to resume the d/l, NOT!!
I couldn't eject the disc, i could not get anything on the radio to work. I tried tricks with the key, i pushed every button on the radio, i banged on the dash, i opened & closed my windows, i slammed doors, all the time playing with the key.
I then remembered something about the Climate Control Fan being some how tied into the radios system & turned the fan to the High setting, played with the key & the radio again & the CD ejected. WHEW saved !!
I then retrieved my Spare FOB & went back out to the Ram & i went through the proper steps to restart the d/l. I then locked the truck back up, using the spare FOB, & sipped beer for 20 minutes, keeping an eye on the lit up up screen. It finally finished the d/l & asked for buttons to be pushed, I answered the questions & the radio went blank & then the CD ejected, the radio rebooted & i had stuff on the screen that had not ever been on there before. Even had better sound controls, I am not sure, but i think that the female voice sounded better, sort of like she had taken a Chill Pill.

The best part was that my RER 730N actually downloaded my phone book from my cell phone, it never had done that before
I also had better control of my Navigational guides

·
Registered
440 Posts
my iPhone was the same way, if the screen was on it was horrible but turn it off and you're good. My current phone is a Droid Bionic and it's flawles.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have a ?. I have the RBZ 430 non Nav unit and is there a way to get my droid incredible 2 GPSvoice to come through the system> Under Bluetooth options on my phone for Uconnect there is a Media tab to click on but when it is on no voice comes through the radio. I have to unclick it to hear the GPS voice through the phone.

Also is there an update for this radio that adds some more EQ settings?

·
Registered
801 Posts
The phone only supports this feature over streaming audio. Meaning that if you are streaming music from the phone, whether it's from the SD card, Pandora, iHeart radio etc the voice will come across the radio.
Steps to do this:
1) go into the phone navigation, set your destination.
2) Start streaming you music from where you want to.
3) start driving, the streaming audio will fade out and the voice will come in when there are directions being given, then fade back into the music until the next set of directions come up.
4) The fading of the music is controlled by the APPs so some may not fade in & out properly. Currently I know about iHeart radio having a problem and have reported it to them.

I have a ?. I have the RBZ 430 non Nav unit and is there a way to get my droid incredible 2 GPSvoice to come through the system> Under Bluetooth options on my phone for Uconnect there is a Media tab to click on but when it is on no voice comes through the radio. I have to unclick it to hear the GPS voice through the phone.

Also is there an update for this radio that adds some more EQ settings?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts