DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2014 Laramie Uconnect screen is black. First couple times resetting it would come back on for a short time. Now it’s black all the time even after multiple resets. Any other options

·
Registered
2 Posts
2014 Laramie Uconnect screen is black. First couple times resetting it would come back on for a short time. Now it’s black all the time even after multiple resets. Any other options
We just bought a 2017 1500 SLT and have the exact same problem. Didn't work out of dealership but, it was past closing on a Saturday. We're making the 85 mile trip back to the dealer now. Did you get yours working?

·
Registered
2 Posts
  • 2016 touch screen with Bluetooth and not Navigation 5” screen radio comes on and off but no buttons work and ram logo stays on when it plays

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
  • 2016 touch screen with Bluetooth and not Navigation 5” screen radio comes on and off but no buttons work and ram logo stays on when it plays
We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
RamCares

·
Registered
2 Posts
  1. We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
    RamCares
    Do you have any advice as to reboot or reset? Thank you in advance

·
Registered
2,203 Posts

1. Do you have any advice as to reboot or reset? Thank you in advance

I would recommend trying a soft reset of your Uconnect system:

1) Put your vehicle into the accessories mode (ACC or RUN) For keyless start (push-button) vehicles: push the start button twice without having your foot on the gas or brake pedal

2) Hold down the Phone and voice recognition buttons (or tuner and volume knob), at the same time, for thirty seconds.

3) Let go of the buttons

4) Turn vehicle off

5) Open driver’s side door for thirty seconds (or until dash illumination goes black)

6) Close door

7) Restart vehicle

8) Let the media center load up and see if the concern is still present

Alison
RamCares

·
Registered
1 Posts
Experiencing the same thing in my 2013 ram 1500. Touchscreen is blank and only displays reverse camera. Any answers?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would recommend trying a soft reset of your Uconnect system:

1) Put your vehicle into the accessories mode (ACC or RUN) For keyless start (push-button) vehicles: push the start button twice without having your foot on the gas or brake pedal

2) Hold down the Phone and voice recognition buttons (or tuner and volume knob), at the same time, for thirty seconds.

3) Let go of the buttons

4) Turn vehicle off

5) Open driver’s side door for thirty seconds (or until dash illumination goes black)

6) Close door

7) Restart vehicle

8) Let the media center load up and see if the concern is still present

Alison
RamCares

·
Registered
2 Posts
That didn’t help me. I have a 2018 Ram 1500. Last week we had problems with the fuel pump and while trying to diagnose problem disconnected the battery. After we got the truck running again the radio will not come on at all. Get a black screen.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
That didn’t help me. I have a 2018 Ram 1500. Last week we had problems with the fuel pump and while trying to diagnose problem disconnected the battery. After we got the truck running again the radio will not come on at all. Get a black screen.
Sorry to hear that you're experiencing a black screen, randomly. Please send us a private message with your VIN so we can look into this for you!

Thanks,

Courtney
Ram Cares

1 - 10 of 10 Posts