DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hello

i've entered uconnect website and tried to update my device ,by entering the vin# and downloaded the update it says ,,,please look at the photo

variant revision and model year mismatch,stick supports MY13_REVB and MY14_REVA but target is MY13_REVA.please remove usb stick to reset

I've a Ram Laramie 2013

Attachments

·
Registered
511 Posts
Early 2013 Rams and early 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokees had a very early model of the 8.4 radio. Hardware is just different enough that it requires a special update compared to late 2014 Jeep GCs. My best guess is that's your issue.

My wife drives an early 2014 Grand Cherokee, built in March of 2013. I reached out to a customer service rep from FCA on a different forum after I got a similar error, and after providing the VIN, she provided me with an update labeled for 2013 Grand Cherokees. I thought it was weird, since they didn't have the 8.4 in the 2013 model year Jeeps, but tried it, and it worked perfectly.

I'd recommend you reach out to FCA, especially if you can get in touch with a FCA rep on a forum, and provide them your VIN number.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank u for the reply

will i benefit if i get the forum u got into ?
can u provide me with it please

thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts