DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm trying to use the Voice Recognition to navigate to an address but 95% of the time it does NOT understand the command and asks me to try again, but every time I try again I get "sorry, I did not understand your command, please try again" it happens very time and can't enter an address via Voice Command. Is it me, or is it a known problem? Also, is there a way I can use the voice command to enter the name of a place such as a grocery store to navigate to? Thanks in advance for any help! (Also this is my first post so sorry if its not in the right location or something)

Best Regards, Kynan.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
I don't have nav, but the VC is useless. It takes less concentration to just touch the screen vs trying to get the voice prompt to be recognized.

·
Registered
145 Posts
the older radios have a voice training set up to help the uconnect understand different vioce inflections, maybe yours does too.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Calling people I don't have a problem either, but doesn't that use your own phone's voice recognition?

·
Registered
116 Posts
SShadow do you have the 8.4a? Can you enter navigation voice commands while moving or do you need to be stopped to enter a destination?

The 2014 system seems to be slightly different than previous years and I am wondering if the nav is worth it.
Thanks

·
Registered
989 Posts
This may be something you've already tried so forgive me if it is to basic. Your manual has a list of all the commands you are allowed to use. Start with those. My system works pretty flawlessly …. but when I first got it I was treating it like it was my phone and it did not understand a lot of what I was asking. Once I learned what and how to ask… it recognizes my every command every time- first time.

Reactions: Ram Nut

·
Registered
134 Posts
90% of the stereo voice commands haven't worked for me since day on (uConnect 5.0). Not sure how it can work fine for some people and be so useless for others.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts