DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anything I can do to buff out this outline? I debadge the truck and got all the glue off for sure, but there is some outline leftover. Any products I could try? So far I've used googone to get the gunk off and this outline will not budge.

·
Registered
132 Posts
i would try a good buff to see if you can get all the scratchs around it out and see if will blend a little better

·
Registered
420 Posts
I would definitely 2nd that.

Because your paint is in such terrible shape I would get a polish [or compound] to help blend the marred paint with the freshly exposed paint.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
you denfinately are going to have to hit that with a compound or swirl remover...no guarantee that the badge mark will go away, but it will decrease its obvious outline you have now.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I agree with M.Scipione Use a orbital buffer and Meguiars ultra cut and finishing polish. From personal experience it will look like new paint.

·
Registered
12,860 Posts
I'd use Meguiar's Scratch X with a bunch of elbow grease.............
I agree with the Scratch X but you will need a power polisher to get that out. My old Dakota was scratched up like that and I had to use an orbital polisher to get the marks out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts