DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to finally unplug my fog light. when it rains, (doesn't happen often in the desert) my fog light are on while the switch is off. Luckily I have a neighbor who enjoys wakeing me up @ 3 AM to let me know my lights are on! I'm a carpenter...lucky if I can change an outlet or figure out which breaker has blown ( I know...tripped) what the heck would do this?

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
Hmmm....moisture related! Oh Goody! :str:

Your truck has a Fog Light relay in the PDC (Power Distribution Center) AKA - Fuse Box under the hood.
Plug your fog lights back in, and the next time they turn on by them selves, pull the relay. If they stay on , then we're tracing the ground wiring to the fog lights, as that is the line that is switched; not power. If they go out, then the issue is most likely the light switch itself, so disconnecting it under the same failure 'should' extinguish the lights.

It will be a multi-part process that would be easier if yo had more rain to work with. LOL

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey, that sounds like a good idea. Plus it sounds easy too. I'm all about easy! Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts