DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into installing the console vault safe (under seat style) for 2006-2011 Ram trucks. I have yet to see any personal reviews or pictures and the picture loaded from the manufacturer and amazon are the earlier years. Does anyone have any reviews or pictures of what this looks like in a 2011 Ram crew cab?

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have the console vault you're looking at installed in my truck. I really like it and was really surprised how heavy it is. Installation is quick and simple. Takes about 3 mins. Very sturdy and solid. Capacity is not that great. It won't hold an iPad but will hold 2 full size semi auto pistols along with wallets, GPS etc. I don't know what else to say about it but it serves my purpose well.

Attachments

·
Registered
219 Posts
Is that storage location under the bottom cushion? Is it something that is only in SLTs? It looks like I should have storage under the cushion of my STs center seat but I can't figure out how to access it.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Don't the new trucks have something like that under the rear seat? Always need a gun hiding spot.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Yes it mounts under the seat cushion. There is a factory compartment under mine. It opens like the center console does. A plastic handle under the front of the cushion by the tray mounted to the floor releases the cushion. I hope these pictures help.

Attachments

·
Registered
219 Posts
My seats look just like yours, but I don't have the compartment. There is no handle on the front of my bottom cushion. I hate that I know there is wasted space there and Chrysler thinks it's cheaper to have two different setups than to put that center seat in all models. Thanks for the pictures.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts