DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the mod I made under my pace edwards tonneau. Makes looking for stuff at night a breeze

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Nice, thanks for the pics, great stuff, think I should do it also, I want to connect it to the rear light so when you flip the switch on the dash they would go on same with the rear light in the back of the cab. Is this how you set it up?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I actually ran a 12 ga wire in the loom for the electric tailgate lock when I installed that ... I then ran that in another loom up the stake poket to a handy box. I put in an acc outlet on the bottom of the bx and a switch in the cover. So now I have a 12V plug in the bed. I'll go out and shoot a couple of pics of the switch box.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I used the following parts:

2 - SE-WFLS-x60 series 60 High Power LED Waterproof Flexible Light Strip ( from superbright leds)
2 - SE-WFLS series Power Connectors
1 - 12V Accessory plug
1 - handy box
1 - blank cover
1 - 14ga sealed fuse holder
1 - 20a fuse

14ga wire and some 18ga wire and some other asst connectors which were all soldered in
an a few feet of 3/8 plastic loom and a bunch of tie wraps.

I ran the 14ga wire in the loom that came with the electric tailgate lock and that wire was attached to the main (+) terminal via fuse holder on the TIPM.

I split the wire out of the loom under the truck and put it in another loom heading up the stake pocket. I taped the loom to the rest of the loom under there .. looks like a factory install.

I punched one end hole out of the handy box for the 12V plug and drilled a 1/2in hole in the cover for the switch. I wired the 14ga wire direct to the 12v plug and slpit that off with an 18ga wire to the switch for the lights.

My next step now is to get another handy box and cover ready to take to LineX to get sprayed next time I'm in the St Louis area - then the switch box will blend in better.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oh .. I also ran the ground in a loom to the ground location on the outer frame rail just behind the axle.

·
Registered
18,033 Posts
I used the following parts:

2 - SE-WFLS-x60 series 60 High Power LED Waterproof Flexible Light Strip ( from superbright leds)
2 - SE-WFLS series Power Connectors
1 - 12V Accessory plug
1 - handy box
1 - blank cover
1 - 14ga sealed fuse holder
1 - 20a fuse

14ga wire and some 18ga wire and some other asst connectors which were all soldered in
an a few feet of 3/8 plastic loom and a bunch of tie wraps.

I ran the 14ga wire in the loom that came with the electric tailgate lock and that wire was attached to the main (+) terminal via fuse holder on the TIPM.

I split the wire out of the loom under the truck and put it in another loom heading up the stake pocket. I taped the loom to the rest of the loom under there .. looks like a factory install.

I punched one end hole out of the handy box for the 12V plug and drilled a 1/2in hole in the cover for the switch. I wired the 14ga wire direct to the 12v plug and slpit that off with an 18ga wire to the switch for the lights.

My next step now is to get another handy box and cover ready to take to LineX to get sprayed next time I'm in the St Louis area - then the switch box will blend in better.
Thanks for explaining this!
It seems I am more of the type who can do this stuff with pictures...LOL
I would love to attempt this but I got lost after your parts list :LOL:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

I went and got another handy box sprayed at LineX ... looks much better now!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts