DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which one do you guys think is better?

i like that the VP is water tight because of the vinyl
but the undercover seems to have alot more thought put into it and seems more durable to me.

i also want to use the bak box iv heard people with the flex use it but does it need any type of modification to make it work?

thoughts??

·
Registered
386 Posts
I do not know which one is the best, but I have been researching this myself. When I first started looking into it I thought that the undercover flex was better. It just seemed to have those little things like the strap to hold it down and it not resting against the cab, these little things got my attention. But recently I've seen a few bad reviews about it especially with it leaking through the panels. BAK seems to be the most popular around it. Many people have it so it can not be that bad of a product.
I would recommend looking up dealers for each product in your area. They usually have a display model that you can check out. That is what I plan on doing before making my decision. I was really leaning towards the undercover until I seen those reviews now it's up in the air again.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I just ordered a Bak VP, They both seem to be good covers, I like the vinyl top for the seamless look on the VP and less chance of water leakage. That said I like the 3 year warrenty on the Flex better but will see how it holds up.

G

·
I got the Undercover one, as it would not rest on the cab if I had to fold it up. Seemed to be of better quality but time will tell. Mine is not water tight. But I could put a box back there and not worry about the 12 drops that come through on a drive though car wash. Best of all my short self can wipe the back window off without climbing on the truck, even if I could.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I installed the Undercover Flex on my 2013 Ram Laramie Longhorn a couple of weeks ago...very pleased with it. Looks great, works as designed. But as another member said...it is not "water tight". I would say mine is 98% water-tight...but a few drips get into the bed...no big deal really.
Other than that....great product.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts