DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a 2019 Ram 1500 4x4 Laramie on May 24th. The dealership has been no help in tracking the order. My first email to Ram Customer Service confirmed the vehicle was built but awaiting installation of options. My second phone attempt to get information from RCS resulting in finding out the vehicle was in "JS Status" whatever that is. The person on the phone claimed no knowledge of what "JS Status" meant. Can anyone out there shed any light on what "JS Status" means?

·
Registered
86 Posts
It just means that its in storage, probably waiting on a railcar for shipment. Did you happen to order RamBoxes? There are a lot of RamBox trucks in JS waiting of a fix to the lids.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank You

Thanks for clearing this up and yes i did order the RamBox. What is the problem with the lid?

·
Registered
86 Posts
There were fitment issues and the original manufacturer for them either went out of business, got taken over, or sold out (depending on who you ask) which caused significant quality control and supply issues. Supposedly its cleared up now, but no one can say 100%. I ordered my '19 with ramboxes on May 14th, and it is still in a "Scheduling" status. So, at least yours has been built!

·
Premium Member
32,783 Posts
Also they are only making Ramboxes for the 5' 7" Crew Cab beds right now

The 6' 4" Ramboxes won't be available until late September at the earliest

=======================================================

Also, some Railroad Freight Companies were trying to streamline their shipping practices
They let go of over 700 employees & put several Locomotives out of service due to age. They also side lined several of the rail cars called AutoRack cars, ( they haul the cars, vans & trucks )
The head official at CSX passed away just after implementing the layoffs & while trying to update the fleet of Railway equipment.
CSX R.R. handles almost all the rail shipping East of the Mississippi River
Unfortunately, Canada Railways are almost in the same boat as CSX

BSNF & Union Pacific have not been quite as unlucky, they started ordering new equipment before the other companies

1 - 5 of 5 Posts