DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Emailed Chrysler Customer service about getting my missing hoodlamp and glovebox lamp. They basically told me to contact my sales manager at the dealer I bought the truck from. A couple days ago...I did just that.

My original salesman called me today at home...said he spoke with his sales manager who said they would install for me in an attempt to make it right. They seem to agree it's suppose to be in the luxury group.

However, this was contingent upon my having the wiring harness for a simply connection in so many words. The glove box is there...you can see it at least I think that's what I'm looking at.

The under hood lamp...I don't see anything there. Can someone tell me what is involved for installing the missing hood lamp? I've got a 2011 Sport with the luxury group / light group. I also have the Sport hood.

Any one have this installed from the dealer after missing parts like mine? I did a search and it looks some threads indicate simple plug and play wire harness to bullsh*t answers from the dealer about reprogramming expensive install. Of the two missing lights, the hood lamp is what I want most, and I don't wanna to hear from the dealer that no wiring harness is underneath the hood.....etc.

I simple hood lamp is two wires, a bulb, a socket, and some sort of switch that turns the bulb on when open. Right now, I get the impression from talking with my salesman that the dealer is absorbing the cost to fix this versus Chrysler authorization. Like I'm suppose to be grateful for this dealer giving me what I paid for. :4-dontknow:

Rather than making a stink, I'm gonna give them a chance to make it right. At this point, I could give a sh*t who's pocket it comes from to make this right as long as it's not mine. ;)

Info, pics....etc very much appreciated in advance. If this gets fixed properly, I'll post the part numbers and what was involved once complete for everyone else. Thanks!

·
Registered
113 Posts
The plug is there. It is up to them to provide the parts you already paid for. If that includes a harness, well so be it. I'm starting this process Monday. We'll see how it goes.

I also found out I was supposed to get locking lug nuts with mine, we'll address that subject too.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Same here

Same thing here. Fully loaded 2011 Sport Crew Cab missing the under hood lamp and glove box lamp. I looked at the sales brochure and it clearly shows that these items are in the Luxury Group which is included on all Sport Reg/Quad/Crew. I just emailed Chrysler Canada to see what can be done. I will keep you posted.

·
Registered
12,860 Posts
Same thing here. Fully loaded 2011 Sport Crew Cab missing the under hood lamp and glove box lamp. I looked at the sales brochure and it clearly shows that these items are in the Luxury Group which is included on all Sport Reg/Quad/Crew. I just emailed Chrysler Canada to see what can be done. I will keep you posted.
Mine doesn't have it either and I've never pursued it, really interested to hear what Chrysler Canada has to say.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@EVS1 : Thought my locking lug nuts were missing until I found them in my light missing glove box. ;) As long as I got them, I wasn't irked by any means they weren't installed. Package accessories items like that could get easily lost depending on the lot attendant prepping a vehicle...that's understandable. Not installing a part in package that is just laziness or stupidity in my opinion. Maybe that's how Dodge got their reputation for quality control problems.

In the end, Chrysler should simply admit their mistake, and authorize the installation of the missing parts...plain and simple. Don't push it on the dealer to resolve or absorb the cost. Customers aren't stupid....they will see that the dealer resolved the problem, but will remember the big bad corporation who didn't do sh*t to help them be satisfied with their product.

I'm not asking for special treatment from Chrysler.....just give me the sh*t I paid for. :4-dontknow: It's just petty and irritating, and god forbid something serious go wrong with this truck. Not only will I remember the petty stuff, but the major stuff will likely be enough to send me the customer back to another brand.

It's not rocket science Chrysler....it's page 1 of the customer service manual.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
just a simple question for all of you that are missing the hood lamp, do you all have the sport hood with the two scoops in it?

maybe when they swap the hoop, they didnt swap the lights??

my 2009 sport crew cab have the hood and glove box lamp

·
Registered
738 Posts
inever had them in my truck, I had the glovebox light from a previous mod in my Challenger, it was a simple 2min install, fish out the connector and plug in the light and push into place.

The hood one I just ordered with the wiring harness, cost me all of $30 and should be a very simple plug and play.

keep in mind guys/gals that the brochure does say the picure does not represent the product and may vary. "May Not Be Exactly As Shown".

But I will keep my receipts just in case.

·
Registered
113 Posts
HeyBrownDog; Yeah, I'm not going in there guns a blazin', just want the things that I have obviously paid for. The service manager is really pretty good to deal with, usually throws me a free car wash ticket when I'm in for service.:smileup:

I expect we'll work things out.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@EVS1: Sounds like you have a great dealer to work with, as mine seems to be stepping up also. Good luck and keep us posted how you make out.

@ LCHauler: I'd probably end up doing that also if Chrysler or my dealer wasn't helping me out. I still might....driving an hour to get to my dealer where I bought the truck might be more expensive that having them FedEx the parts to me. ;-) It's so basic it's almost silly. Let me ask you this: the factory glove box light is only installed on the top glove box....not the bottom one right? The bottom glove box never came with a light on anyone's truck correct?

@crusher: I do have the Sport Hood (quasi Challenger hood), and was wondering the same thing. However, after searching and reading lots of post on the subject, the underlying theme "appears" to be Sport models. Another forum member even posted that he thought reading or hearing something about the hood light, and glove box light be a delete accessory on the Sport package despite having the rest of the luxury group. There is just too much misinformation out there to make heads or tails of the truth. Some guys email Customer Care, and get detailed emails that state "after further research your truck should have this installed", and other people get the run around like "not our problem" mentality. :4-dontknow:

If anyone has the part numbers that I need, I may seriously consider asking the dealer to ship them, and I'll install myself. :smileup:

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
@EVS1: Sounds like you have a great dealer to work with, as mine seems to be stepping up also. Good luck and keep us posted how you make out.

@ LCHauler: I'd probably end up doing that also if Chrysler or my dealer wasn't helping me out. I still might....driving an hour to get to my dealer where I bought the truck might be more expensive that having them FedEx the parts to me. ;-) It's so basic it's almost silly. Let me ask you this: the factory glove box light is only installed on the top glove box....not the bottom one right? The bottom glove box never came with a light on anyone's truck correct?

@crusher: I do have the Sport Hood (quasi Challenger hood), and was wondering the same thing. However, after searching and reading lots of post on the subject, the underlying theme "appears" to be Sport models. Another forum member even posted that he thought reading or hearing something about the hood light, and glove box light be a delete accessory on the Sport package despite having the rest of the luxury group. There is just too much misinformation out there to make heads or tails of the truth. Some guys email Customer Care, and get detailed emails that state "after further research your truck should have this installed", and other people get the run around like "not our problem" mentality. :4-dontknow:

If anyone has the part numbers that I need, I may seriously consider asking the dealer to ship them, and I'll install myself. :smileup:
well mine is a sport model and it did came with it, but it is a 2009, maybe this only started in 2011, i see that most of you have the sport hood but also have 2011,..

anyway this is strange

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
Glove box light is for the upper glove box only. The is no provision for a light in the lower box. :(

Sorry I don't have an part numbers, as these items were in my Sport when I got it. I do NOT have the sport hood, and would be interested in knowing if anyone with the sport hood received the under hood light from the factory.

Either way, the connector that supplies power to the under light is near the passenger side hood hinge, slightly forward on the fender. It is a black connector with 2 pins.
The wires are 1) Black 2) Red/White.
It is powered by Fuse M42, which it shares with the A/C-Heater control.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Glove box light is for the upper glove box only. The is no provision for a light in the lower box. :(

Sorry I don't have an part numbers, as these items were in my Sport when I got it. I do NOT have the sport hood, and would be interested in knowing if anyone with the sport hood received the under hood light from the factory.

Either way, the connector that supplies power to the under light is near the passenger side hood hinge, slightly forward on the fender. It is a black connector with 2 pins.
The wires are 1) Black 2) Red/White.
It is powered by Fuse M42, which it shares with the A/C-Heater control.
You will need a wiring harness (about 6' long to run from the fender as Brad describes up to the light under the hood mat) also for the underhood lamp. It cost me $17US, I believe. The actual light is something like $25US and includes the switch (it's like the old mercury switches only much more robust). The glove box light was something on the order of $11US and the harness is tucked up in the mounting hole for that one. Brad's correct, there are no light provisions for the lower box and you'll need to splice into the stock harness for the upper box and add a switch in order to get light to the lower box. My gallery has photos of the process I followed on my '09 if you're interested. LED's for all these will also cost extra but www.superbrightLEDs.com has all you'll need (they even have a nice bulb finder).

In case it wasn't obvious, neither my '09 TRX or my '11 Sport came with the underhood lamp or the glove box lamp. While I'm not sure why the TRX was short-changed, I have heard that the late '10's and '11's had them 'factory deleted'. Whether this was due to a shortage or cost savings, I don't know, but it seems pretty universal that they don't have them. The only difference is whether or not the new owner realizes they're missing and cares enough to fix it.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I don't have the sport hood. Just the regular one without the fake scoops.
It doesn't matter - Same parts/kit for both hoods.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Talked to sales rep today. She agreed that those parts should have been on the truck. She is going to get with the service manager, get the parts, schedule it in for that and a service and arrange for a loaner for the day.
Think I'll ask for a Challenger.

Shameless plug;
Melissa Morris, Astorg Dodge, Parkersburg WV.
304-615-7285
She's been very good to me.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I complained about the missing parts to my dealership back when I first picked up the truck. I was also on the phone to Dodge Canada. The person I was talking to at Dodge Canada said it looks like the parts should be included (in the luxury group), then he changed his mind. My salesman told me Dodge has the right to change features as they see fit. How can that be legal? If I bought the truck on the assumption the lights were to be there how can they get away with not installing them? My dealership, and Dodge Canada, eventually declined to pay for the parts to be installed.

How can one dealer offer to install them while another refuses? It's frustrating....

I'd be curious to hear from any Canadian Dodge Ram owners that have a build date between February - April 2011 and who have had the lights installed (no charge).

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
I complained about the missing parts to my dealership back when I first picked up the truck. I was also on the phone to Dodge Canada. The person I was talking to at Dodge Canada said it looks like the parts should be included (in the luxury group), then he changed his mind. My salesman told me Dodge has the right to change features as they see fit. How can that be legal? If I bought the truck on the assumption the lights were to be there how can they get away with not installing them? My dealership, and Dodge Canada, eventually declined to pay for the parts to be installed. .......
I have to wonder about this.
It would really suck to pickup your new Ram only to discover the 5.7L Hemi was replaced with the 3.6L V6 :wow:....because 'they have the right to change features as they see fit'.

Al least with 'my' scenario, it still has an engine. :LOL:

·
Registered
25 Posts
This is my first post on this forum, so HI!

I have a 2011 Sport with the regular hood and I, too, am missing the glovebox/under hood lights. My build sheet says that I have the Light Group and I emailed Chrysler Customer Assistance to see how to proceed.

This is my 8th Chrysler vehicle, but the first that is missing something.

·
Registered
738 Posts
i asked my salesmen today and then called another dealership and they said the same thing, that Dodge stopped installing certain additional peices on vehicles. And that the lights were not installed on Sport Rams. It is all based on your build dates and build plants.

I can dig up the part number if you want for the glove box light. My underhood light and harness showed up today so I'm picking them up this week. I'll have part#'s as well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The 2011 Sport models are are supposed to have the glove box light and underhood light guess what 99% of them don't! Mine did not I got my build sheet and those two features were not listed. I called customer support explained it to them and the representative agreed with me so I got the lights installed.*

i asked my salesmen today and then called another dealership and they said the same thing, that Dodge stopped installing certain additional peices on vehicles. And that the lights were not installed on Sport Rams. It is all based on your build dates and build plants.
Humm it's odd that the 2009,2010,& 2012 sports have the lights.:4-dontknow:

Chrysler needs to man up and install these on these trucks:box:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts