DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!
I am here in pursuit of knowledge of the RAM electronics systems. I've been in the aftermarket electronics industry for over 20 years. Dodge has always been electronically intractable.
Today my neighbor brought to my attention an issue with his 2017 Ram 3500. The Issue in which his FOB is recognized by the truck flashing lights and horn, but fails to actually lock and unlock any of the doors. Same when using either door handle.(passive entry). *doors will lock/unlock intermittently or mostly after waiting for a bit hitting one of the buttons on the door(lock will beep 3X, unlock will unlock all doors). Then the switch goes dead. I'm guessing BCM. Extremely annoying. Thanks in Advance

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Doors it do it with both remotes or just one tried? As a 2017 he should still be under warranty. If it is I think he should get it checked out by the dealer while it’s still under warranty.

·
Super Moderator
5,629 Posts
Welcome to Ramforumz! We're glad you could join us here. I do not have the answer to your question, but I will move your post to another area of the forum, where more people will see it. Again, welcome & enjoy the forum!

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Not saying this is your problem, but I had a similar thing happen on my '17 1500, actually got locked out of my truck once. The dealer found informetion in their computer system referring to the connector for the tail gate causing the problem. It is the one under the truck by the spare tire. It will get wet and short out causing all kind of problems. When they disconnected the connector all my problems went away. They cleaned the connector up and put dielectric grease on it to prevent future problems. Good luck.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Not saying this is your problem, but I had a similar thing happen on my '17 1500, actually got locked out of my truck once. The dealer found informetion in their computer system referring to the connector for the tail gate causing the problem. It is the one under the truck by the spare tire. It will get wet and short out causing all kind of problems. When they disconnected the connector all my problems went away. They cleaned the connector up and put dielectric grease on it to prevent future problems. Good luck.
That is awesome information, can you take a couple of pictures and show us the connector and its location.

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
That is good to know for when I have that problem in the future.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the replies. That tailgate harness may be a very likely culprit. The gentleman had just put an aftermarket bed on and was having issues getting it wired. He moved the camera from the tailgate, and that works. At least we have a starting point. Thank you all!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello all!
I am here in pursuit of knowledge of the RAM electronics systems. I've been in the aftermarket electronics industry for over 20 years. Dodge has always been electronically intractable.
Today my neighbor brought to my attention an issue with his 2017 Ram 3500. The Issue in which his FOB is recognized by the truck flashing lights and horn, but fails to actually lock and unlock any of the doors. Same when using either door handle.(passive entry). *doors will lock/unlock intermittently or mostly after waiting for a bit hitting one of the buttons on the door(lock will beep 3X, unlock will unlock all doors). Then the switch goes dead. I'm guessing BCM. Extremely annoying. Thanks in Advance
18 my 2014 Ram has an issue where the battery keeps going dead after about 5 days. Noticed one day not the headlights and tailgate lock clicked on while we were just standing around the truck with no remote in my pocket. The neighbor says my lights come on intermittently during the night. Sometimes the door handle on driver side would not open with the remote in my pocket but the passenger side would still work. From the point of purchasing this vehicle it appears that the relay that disconnects trailer power has been stuck on so I always have power into the bed and trailer hookup wiring. I recently took advantage of that issue and bought a 7-pin RV plug and I'm tapping into that and hooking up a charger every 4 to 5 days to keep my batteries fully charged when they get low. When I took it to the dealer for the 10 recalls they checked my my trailer wiring for $75 and did not find a problem or did not understand what I told them about the problem. They left out bolts On my steering track bar bracket recall so I am hesitant to go back to this dealer which is close to me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts